Robert Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Joh 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments. Rom 3:27 What, then, can we boast about? Nothing! And what is the reason for this? Is it that we obey the Law? No, but that we believe. 28 For we conclude that a person is put right with God only through faith, and not by doing what the Law commands. Quote
Robert Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Let us remember that if we do not heed the cautions that God gives us, a fall is before us. {OHC 307} Those who profess godliness, yet do not heed the admonitions of the Lord, nor regulate their lives in harmony with his holy will, fasten themselves more and more firmly by chains of darkness. {2SP 287} =The Inspired Messages= Many see much to admire in the life of Christ. But true love for him can never dwell in the heart of the self-righteous. Not to see our own deformity is not to see the beauty of Christ’s character. When we are fully awake to our own sinfulness, we shall appreciate Christ. The more humble are our views of ourselves, the more clearly we shall see the spotless character of Jesus. He who says, “I am holy, I am sinless,” is self-deceived. Some have said this, and some even dare to say, “I am Christ.” To entertain such a thought is blasphemy. Not to see the marked contrast between Christ and ourselves is not to know ourselves. He who does not abhor himself can not understand the meaning of redemption. We may have flattered ourselves, as did Nicodemus, that our life has been upright, that our moral character is correct, and think that we need not humble the heart before God, like the common sinner: but when the light from Christ shines into our souls, we shall see how impure we are; we shall discern the selfishness of motive, the enmity against God, that has defiled every act of life. [sC 28] Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood, with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge. Quote
MariaS Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook Joh 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments. Rom 3:27 What, then, can we boast about? Nothing! And what is the reason for this? Is it that we obey the Law? No, but that we believe. 28 For we conclude that a person is put right with God only through faith, and not by doing what the Law commands. Dear God, there will be many people reading this and I pray you bless their hearts. I pray you grant them with an understanding heart and the heart to love you with perfect obedience. Amen. The bible does not contradict itself, its our understanding is the one that is so limited. I have some questions that are worth to be considered. The answere is YES or NO only, becuase if we have more than YES or NO answers, that will be a bible verse that I am hoping you could give me. I need to learn and so is everyone. 1) Did Jesus ever worshiped other God apart from the God who hold the title the CREATOR? 2)Did Jesus approved of graven image to replace God? 3) Did Jesus ever take the name of God in vain? 4) Did Jesus preach in the synogogue on Sabbath, did he heal the sick on Sabbath or did He go for shoping and do worldly things? 5) Did Jesus ever dihonor his earthly Parent? Did He ever dishonour His heavenly Father? 6)Did He ever kill? Did not he said even a hateful desire in our hearts signify killing another? 7) Did He ever commited adultery or approved or encourage adultery or fornication? 8) Did He ever steal? 9) Did He ever bear false witness against anyone? 10)Did He ever covet someones possessions? The Bible is true that the focus of our spiritual experience is to have faith in Jesus..TO BE LIKE JESUS..Do the things that He does and keep the things that He kept..Jesus is the whole reason of our Christian walk and not heaven..because if we are like Him..Heaven is automatic a place to go..someone who is not in harmony with God will be miserable in Heaven.. The LAW of God does not saves us..YES..but it is the measurement of our salvation. BECAUSE SIN = Transgression of the LAW of GOD.SIN is the one that had seperated us from GOD..and how can we be with HIM if we are living a sinful life? (SIN = Eternal death) So can anyone help me to answer the 10 questions above? Remember, Jesus is the focus and not the LAW that we find is so hard to keep. Thanks everyone for helping me to learn. I pray you will learn along the way too. God Bless Quote The rules of life - Love and serve God - Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives - Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday
MariaS Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Originally Posted By: Maria Sangkong Let us remember that if we do not heed the cautions that God gives us, a fall is before us. {OHC 307} Those who profess godliness, yet do not heed the admonitions of the Lord, nor regulate their lives in harmony with his holy will, fasten themselves more and more firmly by chains of darkness. {2SP 287} =The Inspired Messages= Many see much to admire in the life of Christ. But true love for him can never dwell in the heart of the self-righteous. Not to see our own deformity is not to see the beauty of Christ’s character. When we are fully awake to our own sinfulness, we shall appreciate Christ. The more humble are our views of ourselves, the more clearly we shall see the spotless character of Jesus. He who says, “I am holy, I am sinless,” is self-deceived. Some have said this, and some even dare to say, “I am Christ.” To entertain such a thought is blasphemy. Not to see the marked contrast between Christ and ourselves is not to know ourselves. He who does not abhor himself can not understand the meaning of redemption. We may have flattered ourselves, as did Nicodemus, that our life has been upright, that our moral character is correct, and think that we need not humble the heart before God, like the common sinner: but when the light from Christ shines into our souls, we shall see how impure we are; we shall discern the selfishness of motive, the enmity against God, that has defiled every act of life. [sC 28] Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood, with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge. Robert We sing the same song here.. NOPE..noting good can come out of our sinful heart..SO NOTHING WE CAN BOAST FOR The more we know God, the more we will be humble and sober..because He is just that and many more.. Quote The rules of life - Love and serve God - Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives - Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday
Woody Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Quote: RobertWe sing the same song here.. Well, I'm very pleased to see Maria Sangkong and Robert in agreement. Praise God Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
nuff sed Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 As the song says" There's a whole lot of Shakin' going on". (Johnny B. Goode) Quote
Woody Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Yes 'nuff ... but the question IS : What are we a shakin' ? (Woody) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Thanks for your stamp of approval on some of the inspired messages that came from the Lord through sister White. I wonder if Jesus is overjoyed and thankful, since you have judged some of the writings He has not only inspired, but spoken to and through sister White to be acceptable for very accurate explanations of the Bible. Good grief man, aren't you in the least bit fearful? Quote: I only disagree when I think its not in harmony with the written and inspired word of God I agree. It was a quote from Ellen White and thus ... not the word of God. But I find that she often times explains the Bible very accurately. Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Woody Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 No not fearful at all. We as SDAs DO believe that she has one of the spiritual gifts .... and that would be the Gift of Prophecy. I have no shame in believing that. I think that the more we read of her writings ... the more we will see how the Lord has impressed her with divine understandings of scripture. If I were to recommend a couple of books to start with ... it would be the following books: Steps to Christ Christ's Object Lessons Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings Let me know what you think of them once you have read them. I pray you will be greatly blessed. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Guest Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 I agree. It was a quote from Ellen White and thus ... not the word of God. But I find that she often times explains the Bible very accurately. Quote
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 "SDAs" do not divide her writing when what is written doesn't match with their theology. Great Books you have recommended. I am continually reading her writings and find them so moving (Holy Spirit inspired) that I make it a practice of giving out Steps to Christ. In the version I hand out the publishers have added in the back of the book, a chapter from The Great Controversy; "The Origin of Evil". They have also added "Entering Upon a Deeper Worship" which is a Sabbath study, then "Helpful Bible Studies" titled "Divine Guidance for your life", "The Plan of Redemption" and "Obedience by Faith". At the very end it has more SOP books for people to order if they like what they have read. Inexpensive and good book to give out everywhere one goes. It's put out by Harvest Time Books, they also have other books you can give out. Get yourself a case and some postage and mail a copy to everyone you know. If you don't have the money let me know and I'll send you some. in Christ and His service, Norman No not fearful at all. We as SDAs DO believe that she has one of the spiritual gifts .... and that would be the Gift of Prophecy. I have no shame in believing that. I think that the more we read of her writings ... the more we will see how the Lord has impressed her with divine understandings of scripture. If I were to recommend a couple of books to start with ... it would be the following books: Steps to Christ Christ's Object Lessons Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings Let me know what you think of them once you have read them. I pray you will be greatly blessed. Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Hi Richard, I will try to come more often, Norman Originally Posted By: Woody I agree. It was a quote from Ellen White and thus ... not the word of God. But I find that she often times explains the Bible very accurately. Originally Posted By: Norman Thanks for your stamp of approval on some of the inspired messages that came from the Lord through sister White. I wonder if Jesus is overjoyed and thankful, since you have judged some of the writings He has not only inspired, but spoken to and through sister White to be acceptable for very accurate explanations of the Bible. Good grief man, aren't you in the least bit fearful? Ahh, good to see you again Norman. I wish you would post here more often. We need more like you, who will stand for the truth, and not be offended by the straight testimony. 2Ti 4:3,4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. That time is here now. I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. {CET 176} Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Robert Posted July 19, 2010 Posted July 19, 2010 I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. The message by True Witness to the Laodiceans is repent of your self-righteousness. Read Rev chapter 3.... Quote
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted July 19, 2010 Posted July 19, 2010 Hi Richard I came across a statement that I had never noticed before. Quote: God's Spirit has illuminated every page of Holy Writ, but there are those upon whom it makes but little impression, because it is imperfectly understood. When the shaking comes, by the introduction of false theories, these surface readers, anchored nowhere, are like shifting sand. They slide into any position to suit the tenor of their feelings of bitterness. This is the way McCullagh has done. He has indulged his feelings against me, without intimating to me one word in regard to his difficulties. {11MR 206.2} Also found in TM p112 in the chapter "The study of the Books of Daniel and the Revelation" Pretty interesting. Originally Posted By: Woody I agree. It was a quote from Ellen White and thus ... not the word of God. But I find that she often times explains the Bible very accurately. Originally Posted By: Norman Thanks for your stamp of approval on some of the inspired messages that came from the Lord through sister White. I wonder if Jesus is overjoyed and thankful, since you have judged some of the writings He has not only inspired, but spoken to and through sister White to be acceptable for very accurate explanations of the Bible. Good grief man, aren't you in the least bit fearful? Ahh, good to see you again Norman. I wish you would post here more often. We need more like you, who will stand for the truth, and not be offended by the straight testimony. 2Ti 4:3,4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. That time is here now. I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. {CET 176} Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
MariaS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Quote: RobertWe sing the same song here.. Well, I'm very pleased to see Maria Sangkong and Robert in agreement. Praise God Hi Woody, thanks for commenting. Sadly to say, I am not in agreement with Robert for most of the things he said. I only in agreement on the right things he said based on my little understanding with the Bible and SOP. On the other hand, I see you noding your head to Robert. Anyway..peace to everyone..we are here to learn and hopefully to influence some one to march to heaven together. Quote The rules of life - Love and serve God - Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives - Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday
Woody Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Yes Maria. I do believe that Robert has much to contribute in regards to the understanding of the Gospel. I like to try to learn what I can from all contributers here on the Forum. With some I have to try harder than others ... but I am always blessed by what Robert has to say. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
MariaS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... You like to try? try only? When I am doubtful, I choose to take the tough way of digging into the truth by myself and not what other people say though..and once I am convinced..no one can move me otherwise.. Stay blessed Woody Quote The rules of life - Love and serve God - Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives - Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday
Woody Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Well ... with some ... I just have to shake off my feet and move on. But with others I am immediately drawn to Christ. During the "Shaking Time" I think we need to do a lot of shakin' and movin' on. For there will be those who try to deceive. We have to stick with the pure unadultrated Word of God and not the theories and fears of men. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted July 24, 2010 Moderators Posted July 24, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. The message by True Witness to the Laodiceans is repent of your self-righteousness. Read Rev chapter 3.... And how can I repent of my self-righteousness? By disobeying the commandments to prove my total reliance only on the righteousness of Christ? Sell all I have? Quote
Johnnboy Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 If you knew the answers to these questions, you would know when to sell all. CAN YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS ON THE SHADOW SABBATHS OF COLOSSIANS 2:16, 17 1. (a) Why was the Passover to be celebrated on the 14th day of the first month, the day before a type of “Sabbath”? That same“Sabbath” was the day before the “Wave Sheaf” offering which was to be waved, on the 16th of the first month. ( What did that “Sabbath” (which was also the first day of (Unleavened Bread) represent? Why was it called a “Sabbath” and why was the Wave Sheaf specified to be, “on the morrow after the "Sabbath”? 2. (a) Why do the literal translations of the Bible, such as, the King James' Versions, the Geneva Bible and Young's Literal Translation etc. etc., show that the day before the Wave Sheaf ceremony was a “Sabbath”? ( What was the purpose of this scheduling? 3. (a) Why is the day before the Day of Pentecost always called, a “Sabbath” in the Bible? ( Why was the Day of Pentecost never called, a “Sabbath” in the Bible? © What was the purpose of this scheduling? 4. (a) Why is the day after the 7thday of Unleavened Bread called a “Sabbath” in the Bible? ( Why is the 7th day of Unleavened Bread never called a “Sabbath” in the Bible? 5. Why is there an exact 7-day sequence between these types of “Sabbaths” disbursed among the spring feasts in the Bible? 6. What is the relationship between these types of “Sabbaths” mentioned in Leviticus 23, (also referred to in Colossians 2:16, 17,) and the 7th-day “Sabbath”? 7. (a) Why is it so common among pastors and evangelists who claim to believe in the “Sabbaths”of the Bible, to call both the 7th day of Unleavened Bread and the Day of Pentecost, “Sabbaths”? ( Who gave pastors and evangelists the authority to "change times and the laws" as can be seen in their illustrative presentations of calling these days “Sabbaths”?? Is this change of times and laws done to confuse and to distract from their prophetic significance? 8. (a) When the first new moon of spring falls on a 7th-day “Sabbath”, why do all 8 of thesetypes of “Sabbaths” inLev. 23:15 also fall on 7th-day “Sabbaths”? ( Why does this exact same pattern occur in the 7th month of the sacred year, where the 4 fallfeasts occur on these kinds of “Sabbaths”? 9. Why is the Day of Atonement always called a “Sabbath” being on the 10th day of the 7th month? 10. (a) How is the Day of Atonement, (the 10th day of the 7th month), in an exact 7-day sequence with the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles (the 15th day of the 7th month), and with the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles (the 22nd day of the 7the month)? ( Can you explain why, and exactly how, the 4 fall feast days, which are all called “Sabbaths” are actually in this exact 7-day sequence with each other? 11. What are the “Sabbaths” in Colossians 2:16, 17 shadows of? 12. (a) Why do all 4 of the fall feast days have extra-special significance only in the “Sabbath” years why? ( And what exactly is that extra-special significance? Where is the Bible evidence for this? © Why does only the Day of Atonement, have extra-special significance in the Jubilee year? Why does the Day of Atonement have extra-special significance in both the “Sabbath year” and the “Jubilee years”, two consecutive years? 13. (a) Why are all 4 of the fall feast days called "Sabbaths"? When the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles falls on a “seventh-day Sabbath”, why does the next Day of Atonement, also end up occurring on seventh-day Sabbaths? ( Why does this phenomenon occur so often in the perpetual Hebrew calendar, (HII) “HEBCAL”? Quote
Stan Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 what is your real questions/agenda? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Guest Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 @ JOHNNBOY: Didn't you just post all this stuff on a different thread? Why post all of it again here? What you need to do is start your own thread. It doesn't belong on this one. It has nothing to do with the topic here. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted July 30, 2010 Members Posted July 30, 2010 The same thing was posted on another forum: http://www.christianforums.com/t7485169/ ...a drive-by shooter... he was one at the other forum too.. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Guest Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 That's just weird. He seems to be having a hard time getting anyone to engage him on his topic of choice. Lack of forum etiquette could have something to do with it. Quote
LifeHiscost Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook The Shaking Time There will be gods many and lords many. Every wind of doctrine will be blowing. . . . Maranatha- EGW It is exciting because Jesus is soon to return. But it is also frightening because there is a very real risk that one could be taken in by some of these winds out there. "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”"Hebrews 13:5 NKJV "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."Matthew 24:24 KJV emphasis mine LHC "And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls)" Romans 9:10-12 NKJV "...hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and do according to all for which the foreigner calls to You, that all peoples of the earth may know Your name and fear You, as do Your people Israel...."1 Kings 8:42 NKJV "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."Gal 3:29 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.