Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Praise God for those precious promises!

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Woody

    24

  • Robert

    13

  • MariaS

    12

Posted

Well I guess that we will have to agree to disagree on your theories with this topic.

All Richard did was give bible evidence of what revealed faith.

He wasn't giving us theory unless we can see the scripture as theoretical. It is his acknowledgment that bible evidence can be trusted as the Word of God. What is your theory?

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

"God does not need to take your word that you have faith. He will look at the evidence."

All our righteousness is as filthy rags, so I would reckon 'good works' might not be of help either. What does God see when looking at us........Christ!!

"....at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. "Phil 2:10-15 NLT

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Galatians 2:20 KJV

Joy!!!!!! excited

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
Joh 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

Rom 3:27 What, then, can we boast about? Nothing! And what is the reason for this? Is it that we obey the Law? No, but that we believe. 28 For we conclude that a person is put right with God only through faith, and not by doing what the Law commands.

"Where then is boasting? It is excluded By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith." Romans 3:27 NASB

JOY!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Originally Posted By: Woody
Well I guess that we will have to agree to disagree on your theories with this topic.

All Richard did was give bible evidence of what revealed faith.

He wasn't giving us theory unless we can see the scripture as theoretical. It is his acknowledgment that bible evidence can be trusted as the Word of God. What is your theory?

Regards! peace

That's true Life, and good question.

Posted

And how can I repent of my self-righteousness? By disobeying the commandments to prove my total reliance only on the righteousness of Christ?

Sell all I have?

Notice how you are all keyed up on doing something. That's the problem. You think your so called obedience gets you in....Repent of that and you've answered your questions.

  • Moderators
Posted

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

And how can I repent of my self-righteousness? By disobeying the commandments to prove my total reliance only on the righteousness of Christ?

Sell all I have?

Notice how you are all keyed up on doing something. That's the problem. You think your so called obedience gets you in....Repent of that and you've answered your questions.

You still haven't anwered the question. If being "keyed up on doing something" is not where it's at, then where is it? In doing nothing? Or Nothing doing?

  • Moderators
Posted

Sorry. You have vaccinated me against Sequeira. I can read Rev 3 without confusing human input.

Posted

Sorry. You have vaccinated me against Sequeira. I can read Rev 3 without confusing human input.

Please Gerry. Open your heart and mind. Study and you will see. It may be confusing and dark for you now ... but I know you can do it. Open the books of Sequeira and you will see. You can DO it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

I'd rather spend time with THE SOURCE, and ask the Holy Spirit's aid who was pledged to lead us into all truth than spending my ever dwindling time on mere human commentaries. While other's thoughts can provide insights as well, there is not enough life times for me to read all the works of the theologians. Their SOURCE is also at my disposal, so why should I defer the understanding of Bible truths to just another human being?

Posted

I'd rather spend time with THE SOURCE, and ask the Holy Spirit's aid who was pledged to lead us into all truth than spending my ever dwindling time on mere human commentaries. While other's thoughts can provide insights as well, there is not enough life times for me to read all the works of the theologians. Their SOURCE is also at my disposal, so why should I defer the understanding of Bible truths to just another human being?

Yes, I do agree. I've often wondered this while reading the works of Ellen White.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

But do not quote Sister White till you stand on vantage ground, where you know what you are doing. Take the word of God. It is full of meat and drink. Study the Bible, and you will know more of God than you do now. You will have something fresh to impart to others. You will not go over the same ground

-314-

again and again. You will realize that there is a world to save. I ask you to put on the whole armor, and be sure that your feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.--Ms 43, 1901, pp. 12-19. (Talk in Battle Creek College Library, April 1, 1901.)

Released December 2, 1974. {6MR 313.4}

Do not quote my words again as long as you live until you can obey the Bible. When you make the Bible your food, your meat, and your drink, when you make its principles the elements of your character, you will know better how to receive counsel from God, and will be partakers of His divine nature. Let us all search the Scriptures, for in them you will find our Saviour a present help in every time of need. I exalt the precious Word before you today. Do not repeat what I have said, saying, "Sister White said this," and "Sister White said that." Find out what the Lord God of Israel says, and then do what He commands. Christ said, "I must work the works of him that sent Me." The Father and the Son are united. Will you [during this] morning address consecrate yourselves to God? {13MR 248.1}

Posted

I'd rather spend time with THE SOURCE, and ask the Holy Spirit's aid who was pledged to lead us into all truth than spending my ever dwindling time on mere human commentaries. While other's thoughts can provide insights as well, there is not enough life times for me to read all the works of the theologians. Their SOURCE is also at my disposal, so why should I defer the understanding of Bible truths to just another human being?
Posted

The sum: “I can do all things through Jesus Christ,” but we can only do that when we say, “What a wretched person I am.” And the only way we can say, “What a wretched person I am” when we realize that our works of the law, good as they may seem, are in God’s eyes filthy rags and sin.

Posted

I'd rather spend time with THE SOURCE, and ask the Holy Spirit's aid who was pledged to lead us into all truth than spending my ever dwindling time on mere human commentaries.

But God's Spirit works through fallible men such as Sequeira to open the eyes of the blind.

Posted

the words of God's chosen prophet

“The people of God are represented in the message to the Laodiceans as in a position of carnal (which is another word for fleshly) security. They are at ease, believing themselves to be in an exalted condition of spiritual attainment .” [3T 252]

“They (referring to ministers) are not willing to be deprived of the garment of their own self-righteousness. They are not willing to exchange (which is another word for “buying”) their own righteousness, which is unrighteousness, for the righteousness of Christ, which is pure unadulterated truth. [Testimonies to Ministers, pages 64-65]

Posted

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
Sorry. You have vaccinated me against Sequeira. I can read Rev 3 without confusing human input.

Please Gerry. Open your heart and mind. Study and you will see. It may be confusing and dark for you now ... but I know you can do it. Open the books of Sequeira and you will see. You can DO it.

Yes, and here's more:

Read me!

Posted

Quote:
"Do not quote my words again as long as you live until you can obey the Bible."

Thanks Gerry. I do agree with what you have posted here.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

And how can I repent of my self-righteousness? By disobeying the commandments to prove my total reliance only on the righteousness of Christ?

Sell all I have?

You think your so called obedience gets you in....Repent of that and you've answered your questions.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance..... The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”"1 Samuel 16:7 NLT

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Quote:
true fruit would be behaving the way Christ did

I've never seen anyone accomplishing that.

Where have you been looking? Are these words of Christ, just wishful thinking on His part?

"“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."Matthew 5:14 NKJV

As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Romans 8:36,37 NLV

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "Philippians 4:13 NKJV

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

  • Moderators
Posted

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
I'd rather spend time with THE SOURCE, and ask the Holy Spirit's aid who was pledged to lead us into all truth than spending my ever dwindling time on mere human commentaries.

But God's Spirit works through fallible men such as Sequeira to open the eyes of the blind.

Like the blind leading the blind?

Posted

But do not quote Sister White till you stand on vantage ground, where you know what you are doing. Take the word of God. It is full of meat and drink. Study the Bible, and you will know more of God than you do now. You will have something fresh to impart to others. You will not go over the same ground

-314-

again and again. You will realize that there is a world to save. I ask you to put on the whole armor, and be sure that your feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.--Ms 43, 1901, pp. 12-19. (Talk in Battle Creek College Library, April 1, 1901.)

Released December 2, 1974. {6MR 313.4}

Do not quote my words again as long as you live until you can obey the Bible. When you make the Bible your food, your meat, and your drink, when you make its principles the elements of your character, you will know better how to receive counsel from God, and will be partakers of His divine nature. Let us all search the Scriptures, for in them you will find our Saviour a present help in every time of need. I exalt the precious Word before you today. Do not repeat what I have said, saying, "Sister White said this," and "Sister White said that." Find out what the Lord God of Israel says, and then do what He commands. Christ said, "I must work the works of him that sent Me." The Father and the Son are united. Will you [during this] morning address consecrate yourselves to God? {13MR 248.1}

thumbsupannounce

Highly enlightening, Gerry. I had read places before in which she said the same thing but you have made it very handy and I appreciate your effort. I hope many will read what you've posted and will get off the favorite hobby horse selectively used to destroy one of God's end time messengers.

Indeed, the Sovereign Lord never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7 NLT

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...