Pockey Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Who are some of your favorite speakers? (SDA pastors) I'm trying to find sermons to download. Right now my list includes: Doug Batchelor, Derek Morris (Hope TV), Mark Ferrell (SF Central SDA church), and some of the terrific student speakers from Advent Hope at Loma Linda. Can you suggest any others? Quote
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Alden Thompson Jack Sequeira George Knight Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 David Asscherick Stephen Bohr Winfried Vogel Dwayne Lemon Philip Samaan David Shin The Batch Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
GoLions Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 AudioVerse.org is your one stop all shopping for Adventist sermons. Quote
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Samir Selmanovic Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Jon Paulien Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Russell Burrill Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Dan Smith Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Samir Selmanovic So you went to Innovation.. sigh :) Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 A sigh that you are sighing. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Pastor Hyveth Williams has been a blessing to me each time I've heard her speak. Don't know why she escapted my memory. For sure one to be towards the top of the list. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted May 27, 2012 Members Posted May 27, 2012 Ron Halvorsen Sr Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
LifeHiscost Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Quote: Can you suggest any others? That would be John and Isaiah second. Jesus first of course. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Moderators Kevin H Posted May 27, 2012 Moderators Posted May 27, 2012 Althought he's a Methodist, the archaeologist Jim Fleming is fantastic, http://www.biblicalresources.net/index.cfm Some others are as mentioned Dan Smith, but also Lewis Venden, Richard Davidson, William Shea, Malcom Maxwell, Recordings of Graham, C. Mervyn and Lawrence Maxwell (Lawrence's sermon "The Greatest Lover of them All" is an incredible sermon) recordings of HMS Richards Sr. and Jr. If you can get a hold of John Wood's "Last Day Events" (Southern New England Campmeeting 1976) or his debate with Walter Rea (Lancaster Town Hall 1982, Association of Adventist forums) they are also outstanding. George Rice, Larry Garity, any recordings of Glenn Coon. When I was in Germany meeting the flights of the wounded from Iraq, there was a group of Jewish Rabbis who had come to see our service and assist us one evening. When they learned that I was a Seventh-day Adventist all of them told me how impressed they were of Berry Black and that they all conisered Chaplain Black their pastor and go to hear him preach when ever they can and use his sermons in their work as Rabbis. There are more but these come to mind. Quote
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 oh - did I mention myself? Or am I able to do that? Oh well caution to the wind - WOODY. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted May 27, 2012 Administrators Posted May 27, 2012 How about James Rafferty and Ty Gibson? My all-time favourite I think is Eugene Prewitt. I have no idea HOW he pulls what he does from the OT but it's fascinating! I love audioverse! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted May 27, 2012 Administrators Posted May 27, 2012 How about James Rafferty and Ty Gibson? My all-time favourite I think is Eugene Prewitt. I have no idea HOW he pulls what he does from the OT but it's fascinating! I love audioverse! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Okay. For reals - Miroslav Kis and Joseph Kidder. Kidder has a fantastic story about escaping from Iraq. Both are professors at Andrews. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Pockey Posted May 27, 2012 Author Posted May 27, 2012 Thanks for all the recommendations! Any more would be awesome. Quote
Pockey Posted May 27, 2012 Author Posted May 27, 2012 Sam Lenore Ron du Preez John Chung I also like those testimonies off the AFCOE site. Quote
olger Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 du Preez good. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Kountzer Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 I like listening to any preacher or teacher who tells me the truth in love. That definitely includes Dr Joe Grider, the Pastor of my home church. Other than that the issue is personal and subjective. This topic has come up in a thread before. I don't think it is a good thing to list favorites, like rating secular singers or movie actors and actresses. If the speaker is preaching truth, good enough. it could be a local elder or deacon. Their are all kinds of persuasive speakers out there. 2 cor 11: 14, 15 comes to mind: 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Gibs Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Doug Batchelor is one of the best ones for truth these last days. I catch him many times on my computer at www.3abn.org/ . Kenny Shelton when he is on and not often lays out the truth of things. I don't care what they look like or how well oiled their presentation is, I want the TRUTH and those only do I hear more than once. THE WAY CHRIST MADE is not near as wide as most today make it. It is the few Jesus said would find His Way and I see it all the time. It can not be found in the dark of this world, most need one from God to shine the light of TRUTH into the heart and mind. Especially of the salvation issue! That is number one to have right, your eternal life is at stake! 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Our eternal life is up to what is in the heart and not the head. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.