Woody Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Richard - JR Hoffman? Really? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted May 31, 2012 Members Posted May 31, 2012 What's the problem with JR Hoffman? Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 I think there's too many demons flying around in my head to respond. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Guest Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Sorry to hear it. Maybe Hoffman could have helped you. But he's dead now, so... Quote
Woody Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Sorry to hear it. Maybe Hoffman could have helped you. Perhaps. But then perhaps not. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
bluebelle Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 If you're looking for video sermons, I suggest this link: Three Angels Message Quote
mrsducky Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 I like many of the speakers at American Christian Ministries. I think it is hard to go wrong with thier speakers many of whom are available as downloads for a small price. Quote
Matthew Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Dwight Nelson. Can't believe no one has mention him yet (unless I just missed it). You can listen to a lot of his sermons at pmchurch.tv (the Pioneer Memorial Church website). And since someone mentioned that women are underrepresented: Elizabeth Talbot is very good. Quote
Woody Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Quote: Elizabeth Talbot is very good. Boy IS she. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted June 2, 2012 Members Posted June 2, 2012 Dwight Nelson. Can't believe no one has mention him yet (unless I just missed it). You can listen to a lot of his sermons at pmchurch.tv (the Pioneer Memorial Church website). And since someone mentioned that women are underrepresented: Elizabeth Talbot is very good. I believe he has been mentioned at least once! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
doug yowell Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Has anyone ever heard of my SDA favorite,C.D.Brooks? Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 3, 2012 Administrators Posted June 3, 2012 Good man. I see him often at the office... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
doug yowell Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Good man. I see him often at the office...Tell him I said,thank you." Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 3, 2012 Administrators Posted June 3, 2012 I will do that. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Has anyone ever heard of my SDA favorite,C.D.Brooks? Yes. But the trouble IS: He's black is he not? The blacks tend to shy away from associating with the white SDA population. But certainly he would be a good one to add to that culture. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Regarding favorite speakers - you didn't mention what they were to speak about. Growing up I always appreciated hearing Josephine Cunnington Edwards 'speak'. She was one of the best story tellers of all time. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
doug yowell Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Quote: Yes. But the trouble IS: He's black is he not? And that's trouble because...??? Quote: The blacks tend to shy away from associating with the white SDA population. But certainly he would be a good one to add to that culture.[/quote'] Ok, I'm finally at a loss for words. Quote
doug yowell Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Good man. I see him often at the office...But isn't he black...? Quote
Members phkrause Posted June 3, 2012 Members Posted June 3, 2012 Originally Posted By: doug yowell Has anyone ever heard of my SDA favorite,C.D.Brooks? Yes. But the trouble IS: He's black is he not? The blacks tend to shy away from associating with the white SDA population. But certainly he would be a good one to add to that culture. What does that mean? Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 The Blacks have their own conferences. Their own interests. At my previous church - we tried to invite the Black church to programs they would be interested in. But, as I said - they pretty much isolate themselves with their own conference and it's activities. They would not participate in regional activities that all the other churches would join in. I think it's a shame the way the races are so isolated. I believe we need integration. Just my personal feelings for what it's worth. But this is off topic. IF you want to explore it more - start a new topic on the Black Conferences. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted June 3, 2012 Moderators Posted June 3, 2012 Barry Black Henry Wright Rex Edwards Tony Campolo Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I believe the Original Post was asking for SDA speakers. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted June 3, 2012 Moderators Posted June 3, 2012 I believe the Original Post was asking for SDA speakers. Sometimes one of the joys in life is getting more than you can ask or think. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.