Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Originally Posted By: Woody I believe the Original Post was asking for SDA speakers. Sometimes one of the joys in life is getting more than you can ask or think. Okay - good comeback . And I agree. But still - you sound like someone who plays outside of the sandbox. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted June 3, 2012 Moderators Posted June 3, 2012 you sound like someone who plays outside of the sandbox. Thank you very much, tryin' to be like Jesus. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Originally Posted By: Woody you sound like someone who plays outside of the sandbox. Thank you very much, tryin' to be like Jesus. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Kevin H Posted June 3, 2012 Moderators Posted June 3, 2012 Felix Lorenz Jr. He is a Seventh-day Adventist who has spent his retirement years pastoring non-adventist churches which did not have the same kind of compensation that we have and which would not have been able to afford a pastor had he not volunteered, now in his late 80's he has recently retired. For the past few decades he pastored the St. Paul's United Church of Christ adnd Dearborn Christian Church (Desciples of Christ) both in Dearborn MI. I don't know if there are recordings of his sermons but they are in print form and a printer, who is a Baptist, who believe's his ministry is to print up and offer the copies of Felix Lorenz's sermons for free. You can sign up for them via St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 26550 Cherry Hill Road, Dearborn Hights MI 48127-7270 Quote
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 If we were to expand it to Non-SDA - I would have to include Tim Hansel - the author of Holy Sweat. Great read. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted June 3, 2012 Members Posted June 3, 2012 If we were to expand it to Non-SDA - I would have to include Tim Hansel - the author of Holy Sweat. Great read. Now that's an interesting title. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Originally Posted By: Woody If we were to expand it to Non-SDA - I would have to include Tim Hansel - the author of Holy Sweat. Great read. Now that's an interesting title. Yes. The subtitle is "The remarkable things ordinary people can do when they let God use them." The Second Chapter is titled: "Turning our Theology into Biography" Isn't that where it's at? Our best witness. I just love to plant seeds. Today the TV repairman came. He told me he would come right after church. Well - I then knew that was my opening. So, when he arrived - I inquired about how his sermon was today. After he shared he asked me if I attended church. So, I shared with him what the sermon was about YESTERDAY. It was a great time of planing seeds and developing a friendship. Sorry - back to topic. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Windsor Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Felix Lorenz Jr. He is a Seventh-day Adventist who has spent his retirement years pastoring non-adventist churches which did not have the same kind of compensation that we have and which would not have been able to afford a pastor had he not volunteered, now in his late 80's he has recently retired. For the past few decades he pastored the St. Paul's United Church of Christ adnd Dearborn Christian Church (Desciples of Christ) both in Dearborn MI. I don't know if there are recordings of his sermons but they are in print form and a printer, who is a Baptist, who believe's his ministry is to print up and offer the copies of Felix Lorenz's sermons for free. You can sign up for them via St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 26550 Cherry Hill Road, Dearborn Hights MI 48127-7270 They must have truly been desperate as I've never heard of a church of one denomination having a pastor from another and especially when that pastor is Adventist. Quote Remember Adventists Online?
Woody Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Re: Felix Lorenz Jr. - I can't vouch for this site - but here is one opinion: http://www.sdaapostasy.org/GCSDA-art29.htm Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 4, 2012 Administrators Posted June 4, 2012 Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore Good man. I see him often at the office... But isn't he black...? Yes... But I am puzzled by the question. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Woody Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Virgil Robinson Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Kevin H Posted June 4, 2012 Moderators Posted June 4, 2012 Originally Posted By: Kevin H Felix Lorenz Jr. He is a Seventh-day Adventist who has spent his retirement years pastoring non-adventist churches which did not have the same kind of compensation that we have and which would not have been able to afford a pastor had he not volunteered, now in his late 80's he has recently retired. For the past few decades he pastored the St. Paul's United Church of Christ adnd Dearborn Christian Church (Desciples of Christ) both in Dearborn MI. I don't know if there are recordings of his sermons but they are in print form and a printer, who is a Baptist, who believe's his ministry is to print up and offer the copies of Felix Lorenz's sermons for free. You can sign up for them via St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 26550 Cherry Hill Road, Dearborn Hights MI 48127-7270 They must have truly been desperate as I've never heard of a church of one denomination having a pastor from another and especially when that pastor is Adventist. Actualy this happens quite a bit, but usually short term (usually between pastors) not long term like Felix's ministry. Linclyn center NY is a very small community and had a popular Adventist minister and the local non-Adventist church requested that he pastor their church as well as he did for a few years. When the Synogogue in Benton Harbor MI had their Rabbi move to a new congragation and had to wait a couple of months before their next Rabbi came and giving him a few weeks to settle in, they asked the Former Conference President of the Israeli Mission (who was at Andrews working on his doctorate) to cover their Synogoge servises. We see similar things in Military Chaplains and Hospital Chaplains. Quote
Moderators Kevin H Posted June 4, 2012 Moderators Posted June 4, 2012 Re: Felix Lorenz Jr. - I can't vouch for this site - but here is one opinion: http://www.sdaapostasy.org/GCSDA-art29.htm Don't like the implications of the name of the website but it was a good article about Felix! Oh, just checked their home page and it is one of those sites that think that the gospel is that the church is going to hell in a handbasket. That explains the title. Anyway, good article about Felix. Quote
WalidSaladin Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Stephen Bohr David Assherick CD Brooks Herb Montgomery Ivor Myers Ron du Preez Quote
Administrators Gail Posted June 4, 2012 Administrators Posted June 4, 2012 Stephen BohrDavid Assherick CD Brooks Herb Montgomery Ivor Myers Ron du Preez Wow! Some heavy hitters here! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Gerr Posted June 4, 2012 Moderators Posted June 4, 2012 Stephen BohrDavid Assherick CD Brooks Herb Montgomery Ivor Myers Ron du Preez I like Steve Bohr's messages but not his delivery style. And I wish he would just go ahead and let his balding top show instead of trying cover with the extra long hair from the side which makes him look silly, IMHO, and also lower his squeaky voice. And I wish Assherick would cut out that "Would you say amen" bit. It bugs me. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted June 4, 2012 Administrators Posted June 4, 2012 I've heard David Asscherick a couple times, too. I thought he was okay but refresh my memory- does he speak a bit fast? I know I have come across customers who really like him, so I know he's worth the listen! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Gerr Posted June 4, 2012 Moderators Posted June 4, 2012 I've heard David Asscherick a couple times, too. I thought he was okay but refresh my memory- does he speak a bit fast? I know I have come across customers who really like him, so I know he's worth the listen! Like a machine gun! Quote
Woody Posted June 5, 2012 Posted June 5, 2012 Yes, the art of articulation has gone out the window. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted June 5, 2012 Administrators Posted June 5, 2012 Yes, the art of articulation has gone out the window. And that leaves only "iculation". Not good. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted June 5, 2012 Posted June 5, 2012 Yes Gail - and iculation is not very artful. :( Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Kountzer Posted June 8, 2012 Posted June 8, 2012 It's not the messenger so much, it's the message. Both are, or should be from God. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Stan Posted June 8, 2012 Posted June 8, 2012 nothing like a powerful message delivered in a powerful way. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Naomi Posted June 8, 2012 Administrators Posted June 8, 2012 Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.