Administrators Gail Posted May 27, 2012 Administrators Posted May 27, 2012 I echo Sid's commendation of the AFCOE speakers. I've listened to a few and they are GREAT Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Kountzer Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Speakers I've been impressed by: I've heard just about all the preachers/speakers already mentioned. I like them all. There are others that don't get on the mainstream adventist networks, region conference speakers, spanish speaking teachers. Maybe they aren't popular among certain culture groups, like Dr Carlton Byrd, who is the most recent former Pastor of my church, Dr Jules J Abraham, whom I didn't know existed until the last GC, Pastor Lawrence Dorsey Sr, I only found out about him relatively recently as well. He's an excellent speaker. CD Brooks, Dr Barry Black, etc, etc. That's the thing there are many excellent speakers that are unknown. The Lord is getting this msg out. I don't think He is limiting it to the well connected and popular. I've heard some very good sermons by unknown Pastors and Elders. The Spirit is everywhere, even in the areas where the spotlight of adventist television can't reach. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Dr. Barry Black is on all the time on the Hope Channel. He gets a LOT of air time. The other speakers listed do not have their own TV program as Dr. Black does. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Kountzer Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 You don't need a tv program to preach the gospel. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 You don't need a tv program to preach the gospel. Glad to hear you say that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted May 27, 2012 Moderators Posted May 27, 2012 http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/bravus-10d/image_view_fullscreen Quote Truth is important
Members phkrause Posted May 27, 2012 Members Posted May 27, 2012 Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 You are trying to put speakers in a box Bravus and you simply can't do that. THey have a mind of their own. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted May 28, 2012 Administrators Posted May 28, 2012 You are trying to put speakers in a box Bravus and you simply can't do that. THey have a mind of their own. Yes, Bravus- I would have thought you to enjoy those that are OUT of the box! But I'm sure those are good speakers, too! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Pockey Posted May 28, 2012 Author Posted May 28, 2012 That's the thing there are many excellent speakers that are unknown. The Lord is getting this msg out. I don't think He is limiting it to the well connected and popular. I've heard some very good sermons by unknown Pastors and Elders. The Spirit is everywhere, even in the areas where the spotlight of adventist television can't reach. For sure. Feel free to name those unknowns. I'm also digging for lay folk that the Holy Spirit is speaking through. Most churches put their sermons up for download and I just need those names so I can look for their mp3s. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted May 28, 2012 Moderators Posted May 28, 2012 And I was going to tell about my Magnepan! Quote
Moderators Kevin H Posted May 28, 2012 Moderators Posted May 28, 2012 Sid, I do some lay preaching but I don't think it's been recorded. However I was recorded for a few of our church's televised programs, they are played on Binghamton cable TV channel 6 on Monday evenings from 5:00 - 5:30. Quote
Kountzer Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 Originally Posted By: Kountzer That's the thing there are many excellent speakers that are unknown. The Lord is getting this msg out. I don't think He is limiting it to the well connected and popular. I've heard some very good sermons by unknown Pastors and Elders. The Spirit is everywhere, even in the areas where the spotlight of adventist television can't reach. For sure. Feel free to name those unknowns. I'm also digging for lay folk that the Holy Spirit is speaking through. Most churches put their sermons up for download and I just need those names so I can look for their mp3s. Not every sermon is recorded, much less released in mp3 format. Some churches record their sermons in dvd format and sell them at a modest price. I know their are several larger, more affluent churches that freely broadcast sermons on their websites as mp3s, but all churches are not able to do so. Still, the word is going forth. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Pockey Posted May 28, 2012 Author Posted May 28, 2012 It's a lot easier and and cheaper than one might think! Brief guide to uploading sermons: 1. If your church already has a PA system, just connect your laptop to the mixer or receiver. The output of the mixer will go into the mic input of your laptop. If your church does not have a PA system, you can get an inexpensive microphone from Guitar Center that plugs directly into a laptop via usb. There's so many ways to do this. You can even just record directly into an iphone, or with a mic-to-ipad device. 2. Download software to record the audio (sermon). Examples: Garage Band ($15) or Audio Hijack Pro ($32). 3. Once the sermon is recorded, the format of the sermon file will be as a .wav or .aif file. This needs to be compressed so that the size of the file is smaller. You can use an audio to mp3 converting program, such as All2MP3. As far as I know that is a free download, if not, you can just google ".wav to mp3 converter". There are always free software out there that the developers give away. 4. Domain name -- You can get a free website through wordpress or blogger, or even tumblr. To get a custom domain name, GoDaddy is offering it for $7 a year for an .org domain. 5. Hosting -- Now you need to store your mp3 sermons on a server for folks to download or stream from your site. HostGator provides unlimited bandwidth for about $5 a month. 6. Post the sermons on the website, link them to your HostGator account, and you're done. Maintenance cost: Hosting: $5 per month Domain: $7 per year Reaching more ears: priceless (edit: or bypass steps 4 through 6 and just upload to youtube). Quote
LifeHiscost Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 Our eternal life is up to what is in the heart and not the head. The statement seems to me to be problematic. It is written that to know Jesus is eternal life. That would include both intellect and abiding Presence. OTOH, will little babies who had no choice to be aborted, be excluded from the Kingdom of heaven as a result of the parent/s? I prefer to leave the truth of the matter in God's hands. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 Quote: "That's the thing there are many excellent speakers that are unknown. The Lord is getting this msg out. I don't think He is limiting it to the well connected and popular." I don' think anyone was inferring the last thought expressed. And if the Holy Spirit in not speaking through the individual, his/her popularity isn't going to make up the difference. The middle thought expresses it perfectly. "For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness, Because the LORD will make a short work upon the earth.”" Romans 9:28 NKJV God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
jasd Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 QR frame: Oo-laaaa... That is a pulpit-full of "favorite speakers"! Hyveth!? That's it!? One woman in all of the list!? (disabuse me should I err) Does this spell dogma or misogyny? ...good only to service the potlucks, the communion trays, and the kinderspielplatz?-not to minimize, but... well, **** yeah, I mean to minimize the attitude that permits and condones this sort of declension within the community of Gd. Is not the NT a promise of Xtians as a "holy priesthood", a "royal priesthood", "lively stones... building up a spiritual house", etc. Ain not no NT mention that the men "buildeth up a spiritual house" and yous wimmen are the cobblestones in the courtyard. Mebbe, that is in the sweet by and by, eh? Ain not what St Peter sez... Mebbe, it is that SDA women are just plain useless in the word, eh?-as one supposes the opportunities are there... yes?-no? Hypocrites? Sheesh, it's so sad that it makes one want to weep for its madness. It finds its similitude in the '5-steps behind doctrine' of a false prophet. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted May 28, 2012 Administrators Posted May 28, 2012 If you want a woman who's a good speaker, I recently heard a health series by Vicky Griffin which I thoroughly enjoyed. She was talking about how our health status affects our brains. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Kountzer Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 Pastor Stephen Bohr is very knowledgeable of the bible and prophecy. He is a very compelling speaker. Same thing for David Asscherick, Pastor Asscherick. He is very intelligent, probably a genius IQ, put to good use. There are many more. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
CoAspen Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 Well, my favorite sneakers are......oh, wait a minute..you're talking about speakers! Well my current ones are Sony, but....Sorry, sorry, wrong type of speakers. Quote
Woody Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 Want something deep - Try Joann Davidson. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 If you want a woman who's a good speaker, I recently heard a health series by Vicky Griffin which I thoroughly enjoyed. She was talking about how our health status affects our brains. Vicki is a great gal. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Windsor Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 Doug Batchelor Lyle Albrecht Bill Tucker Mike Tucker Randy Roberts Quote Remember Adventists Online?
Moderators Gerr Posted May 31, 2012 Moderators Posted May 31, 2012 I have not heard any current ones yet who could come close IMO to these speakers of a gone by era: Winton Beaven, Ted Carcich, Prof. McMurphy of PUC, Gordon Hyde of SAU. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.