Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 I guess you've heard the statement, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife"? Well, there's truth to that statement, not that I am a misogynist. Here's what I've experienced: Generally speaking, the more beautiful a woman is (or the more beautiful she thinks she is) the more ugly she becomes. They don't appeal to me at all. Yes guys? Rob Quote
Neil D Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 AAAaaaah, now this is a pirate subject if ever there was one.... Come on, Robert....You gonna get flack from the ladies from this...and there's not too many ladies down in the pirates forum....yet... I suggest that you take this down there, double quick, and in passible pirate speak...and the fires of the female tongues will not sing you as much.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 You gonna get flack from the ladies from this... Bring it on! Ladies? Men? Rob Quote
Woody Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 I guess you've heard the statement, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife"? Well, there's truth to that statement, not that I am a misogynist. Yes guys? Rob Was this Ellen White speaking? If so , please provide reference ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 I have/had (?) a woman in my life that is/was(?) very nice looking, but and now she's totally in love with herself. She was going to come over this afternoon, but dropped by yesterday unannounced. So I asked her, "What about our plans tomorrow?" And she said, "Am letting you see me now!" That's an ugly woman! Quote
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 Was this Ellen White speaking? If so , please provide reference ... No! Quote
Woody Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Perhaps you and Neil can combine yur wench search. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 3, 2009 Members Posted January 3, 2009 Yes I've heard that song. Its inner beauty that we want not outer beauty!! pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Neil D Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Nope, uh uh, nope.... robert is in South Carolina.... I am on the west coast....I don't want any competition... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Quote: Yes I've heard that song. Its inner beauty that we want not outer beauty!! pk ... can one have both inner AND outer? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 3, 2009 Members Posted January 3, 2009 Yes I agree but she and he needs to have that inner beauty. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Nope, uh uh, nope.... robert is in South Carolina.... I am on the west coast....I don't want any competition... I just figured ... two good lookin heads were better than one. But, perhaps that wasn't Ellen White that said that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 I have/had (?) a woman in my life that is/was(?) very nice looking, but and now she's totally in love with herself. She was going to come over this afternoon, but dropped by yesterday unannounced. So I asked her, "What about our plans tomorrow?" And she said, "Am letting you see me now!" I just sent her an email to her cell phone. Here's what I said: "Don't take this wrong. You are very pretty woman, but because you are so self-centered it makes you ugly. What you said to me yesterday made me realize this. You said, 'You are getting to see me now!' Wow, what self-love, (name)! I mean you are really becoming a person I don't desire!" Quote
Woody Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert I have/had (?) a woman in my life that is/was(?) very nice looking, but and now she's totally in love with herself. She was going to come over this afternoon, but dropped by yesterday unannounced. So I asked her, "What about our plans tomorrow?" And she said, "Am letting you see me now!" I just sent her an email to her cell phone. Here's what I said: "Don't take this wrong. You are very pretty woman, but because you are so self-centered it makes you ugly. What you said to me yesterday made me realize this. You said, 'You are getting to see me now!' Wow, what self-love, (name)! I mean you are really becoming a person I don't desire!" Whoops ... What happend to diplomacy? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 Quote: "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife"? And here's another one: "Beauty is only skin deep and then you have the ugly!" Rob Quote
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 Whoops ... What happend to diplomacy? She tells me this, Redwood. She has said this to me on more than one occasion! "I'm selfish" and then comes the rest of the story: "YOU made me this way"! Rob Quote
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 pk ... can one have both inner AND outer? The more physically beautiful a woman is on the outside the greater the tendency to be totally ugly on the inside. By that I mean personality - high mindedness - the old love of self to the 2nd power! The women I liked when I was younger is 180 degrees out of the women I like now. Quote
Neil D Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 robert, I am divorced...and yes, like you, She left me. During our separation time, I kept asking her, "why are you divorcing me?" ..She kept giving me lame excuses...none of them were divorceable...Our last 5 phone calls, she kept trying to pick a fight...I wouldn't let her have one..."I don't need this", I kept saying when she was raising her voice...I knew one thing...She would have the guilt if I didnt let her have the fight...I never fought with her....Now I don't have to talk to her....and I don't... last time I went to pick up my daughter, she wasnt there...but there was, in her bathroom, a note taped up to the mirror...She was dealing with guilt...Best "revenge" I ever had. ....DO NOT LET ANOTHER DRAG YOU DOWN, be she your wife, friend, or lover...be the man God intended you to be. Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 ....DO NOT LET ANOTHER DRAG YOU DOWN, be she your wife, friend, or lover...be the man God intended you to be. Thanks, Neil....Good advice! Quote
Dr. Shane Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, don't make a pretty woman your wife. From my personal point of view, get an ugly woman to marry you. Ahh, yes, folk wisdom. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, don't make a pretty woman your wife. From my personal point of view, get an ugly woman to marry you. Too me a "ugly" woman is obvious: She doesn't wear a lot of make up and jewelry - isn't always looking around to see who is looking at her, etc, etc....Her every word isn't about herself and about all the men that desire her. So is "ugly" really "ugly"? Quote
Neil D Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Actually, to change an ugly woman into a beautiful woman, make her a 10 cow wife.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Dr. Shane Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Indeed, beauty is only skin deep. Any woman can be a Proverbs 31 woman if they choose to allow God to transform them into one. A woman can be a great companion to a man regardless of what she looks like. The key to being a good lover is attitude not physical looks. So I agree that beauty is very superficial. The premise here is that pretty women are more likely to think too much of themselves, be too selfish and thus be poor wives. I suspect that may be more true of highly educated women than it is of pretty women. I know of some drop, dead, gorgeous women that are poor and I know their husbands. Their husbands seem to be much happier than other men I know married to highly educated women. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Stan Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife"? Everyone knows that is the first line of a song right? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Robert Posted January 3, 2009 Author Posted January 3, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life make an ugly woman your wife"? Everyone knows that is the first line of a song right? Yeah, but I can't find it.... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.