Moderators Bravus Posted January 5, 2009 Moderators Posted January 5, 2009 Nup, even that is way too broad. Quote Truth is important
olger Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Well, you can hardly make a public post and then tell us that we can only understand it with details you won't or can't give us... How about you moderate your claims to 'there are some attractive women who are also self-centred', rather than attacking all attractive women? True, Bravage. That statement of Robert's was a bit too zealous. og Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Robert Posted January 6, 2009 Author Posted January 6, 2009 Nup, even that is way too broad. Then your disagreement is with the Bible! You see you are tempted by what you excel in. I wouldn't be tempted to go up against Mike Tyson, but I would if I were Bruce Lee. That's only one example. If your area is looks, your nature will automatically tempt you at vanity, etc. Rob Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 GLG ... I appreciate that you have 'somewhat' apologized to Rob. You needed to. But I wish you had left off the call for HIM to apologize. These kinds of posts need to go to PMs anyways. This is why we have rules.Good thing that Rob is not a moderator. But the purpose of my post is to verify that yes ... Rob is a 'really nice and decent guy'. Some of us really appreciate having him here. Why is it a good thing Rob is not a moderator? He has never addressed one single post to me, so I'm sure he would never have thought for one minute that I was asking him to apologize to me. Especially since I specifically said (2 posts above the one you refer to) "you also owe her an apology." Bravus has correctly understood everything I've said. But thank you for not raking me over the coals for what you mistakenly thought I said. That sort of thing happens all too often on the forums. It's why I almost never post here. My energy is needed for other things. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 If you re-read my statement I said that very attractive women without Christ are naturally eat up with themselves. Rob So what? So is everyone else. Self-centeredness is the natural human condition. It's just focused on something else in people who aren't physically attractive. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
olger Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 True. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood GLG ... I appreciate that you have 'somewhat' apologized to Rob. You needed to. But I wish you had left off the call for HIM to apologize. These kinds of posts need to go to PMs anyways. This is why we have rules.Good thing that Rob is not a moderator. But the purpose of my post is to verify that yes ... Rob is a 'really nice and decent guy'. Some of us really appreciate having him here. Why is it a good thing Rob is not a moderator? He has never addressed one single post to me, so I'm sure he would never have thought for one minute that I was asking him to apologize to me. Especially since I specifically said (2 posts above the one you refer to) "you also owe her an apology." Bravus has correctly understood everything I've said. But thank you for not raking me over the coals for what you mistakenly thought I said. That sort of thing happens all too often on the forums. It's why I almost never post here. My energy is needed for other things. Okay ... now that two people have falsely accused me ... I will set the record straight. I never said that you asked Rob to apologize to you. Somehow both you and Bravus interpreted this ... but that would be putting 'words' in my mouth. Anyways ... mistakes happen. And I am most glad that you are posting here. I have always appreciated your participation. PS. It would be great to be able to communicate with you GLG via PMs but you need to clear your box out since you are over the limit. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Moderators Bravus Posted January 6, 2009 Moderators Posted January 6, 2009 D'oh! You're quite right. One more of them there 'apologizes'. Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Don't worry Bravus. I had to apologize to Shane just a few minutes ago ... It must be in the air. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 LOL! You are so right! Misunderstandings are as common as dirt. It's the human condition. It's just so sad that so much of the time, misunderstandings cause all kinds of pain, enmity, and tragedy - broken families, destroyed relationships, even deaths. And thank you for saying that you appreciate my participation. That's nice to know. So, if you didn't think I was asking Robert to apologize to me, why would it be against any rules to tell him that he needed to apologize to the woman he hurt? (-assuming he did, which he feels he did not) He shared the content of the message he sent. Why would it be inappropriate for someone to post their opinion of it just as openly? Isn't that what the forum is for? Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 I think it be best that I leave this discussion on the positive note that it is rather than getting into unpleasant details. But if you really need it ... just clear your PMs and I will tell you via a PM. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 BTW ... just because I supported Rob while some of you feel he is attacking women .... does not mean that I don't like women. (This note is especially for the new ones that don't know of my appreciation for a number of women in both political and religious areas.) Anyways ... my public record on this issue is clear ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Moderators Bravus Posted January 6, 2009 Moderators Posted January 6, 2009 Make an ugly woman your President? Quote Truth is important
Liz Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Make an ugly woman your President? Oh Bravus, Sarah Palin's not ugly. ROFL Liz couldn't resist. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Robert Posted January 6, 2009 Author Posted January 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert If you re-read my statement I said that very attractive women without Christ are naturally eat up with themselves. Rob So what? Because that happens to be the subject here. Not only "without God", but also without a mature relationship with God. If you wish talk about men...they have issues also. Quote
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: Bravus Make an ugly woman your President? Oh Bravus, Sarah Palin's not ugly. ROFL Liz couldn't resist. Liz bring up a good point here ... Sarah Palin is NOT ugly. (for the record) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Moderators Bravus Posted January 6, 2009 Moderators Posted January 6, 2009 It was a very slight gag on my place... but perhaps there's a logic there: maybe she's too pretty and would be too focused on her looks to focus on the needs of the nation? (by Robert's logic) Nah, just teasin' Redwood, really... Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Okay ... Now we's starting to get me dander up. And I am liking Rob's "logic" less and less. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Neil D Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 (This note is especially for the new ones that don't know of my appreciation for a number of women in both political and religious areas.) Anyways ... my public record on this issue is clear ... Oh yes, his liking pretty public women is legendary! Having said that, I will Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Robert Posted January 6, 2009 Author Posted January 6, 2009 I am liking Rob's "logic" less and less. [Men] Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray - not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. [Women] And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes. [1 Tim 2:8-9] Here Paul is giving advice to Christians. Men, by nature, tend to settle things physically. Instead of lifting up your hands in anger lift them up to God in praise. Likewise Paul gives advice to women. Why does he focus in on how they dress? Because women, by nature, want to draw attention to themselves. Wouldn't this be more likely to happen with "good looking" women? I think my logic is Biblical. Rob Quote
Beryl Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 Quote: Why does he focus in on how they dress? Because women, by nature, want to draw attention to themselves. I would query that. Are you are implying that men are less careful about their dress than women? In some cases, yes; in other cases, no. It all depends on the individual's personal taste. Without criticising my husband (who is now sleeping until Jesus comes), his wardrobe requirement was MUCH more than mine! The first "disagreement" that we ever had was regarding my packing of his clothes when we were going away for the weekend. They seemed OK to me -- so that job was left to him after that. It always took him MUCH longer than me to dress when we were going out. The majority of women that I know dress carefully (as I do), NOT to draw attention to ourselves, but to NOT draw attention to ourselves. I could pass a dozen well-dressed women without being able to tell you afterwards WHAT they were wearing -- but I would soon notice it if I passed a woman who was NOT appropriately dressed for the occasion. Yes, there are some women who do dress to draw attention to themselves, and there are also men who spend longer in front of a mirror that the average woman does! Beryl Quote "Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."Â But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.
cricket Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 This whole thread is ugly. Thank God He's not a respecter of persons! Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 6, 2009 Members Posted January 6, 2009 This whole thread is ugly. Thank God He's not a respecter of persons! Quote Pam      Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Stan Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 I have yet to see an ugly woman.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 6, 2009 Members Posted January 6, 2009 :smile: Quote Pam      Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.