Stan Posted December 10, 2009 Author Posted December 10, 2009 Did he have any kind of super powers? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Liz Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 Originally Posted By: Liz I'll play: Something no one here knows about me: I once held a beating heart in my hands Didn't the person whose heart you held know it? I meant no one "here" on this board, and the person was thankfully completely under the anesthesia, so no he didn't know I had held his heart either. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 10, 2009 Members Posted December 10, 2009 Pretty awesome to hold someone's beating heart... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 Hmmm. Still no answer ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: Amelia *GPI did not delete Gerrys poat. Just in case someone was thinking that. What I would like to know is ... why would a post be deleted without an explanation to the one who posted it? How can he learn from his mistakes if he is not contacted? Is this a new policy of the moderators? or admin.? Do posters no longer have to be contacted when their post is deleted? Hmmm. My posts keep disappearing. Well ... at least those on threads that John317 moderates. What does this mean? Again ... may I ask? Does a moderator inform someone when he removes their posts? Or is the internet just acting up and eating my posts? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood What I would like to know is ... why would a post be deleted without an explanation to the one who posted it? How can he learn from his mistakes if he is not contacted? Is this a new policy of the moderators? or admin.? Do posters no longer have to be contacted when their post is deleted? Hmmm. My posts keep disappearing. Well ... at least those on threads that John317 moderates. What does this mean? Again ... may I ask? Does a moderator inform someone when he removes their posts? Or is the internet just acting up and eating my posts? With moderator's hat on: It means that you should stop reposting the same post, Redwood. It also means that you should use the appeals process that was designed for members who feel that moderators are doing wrong. Please use the appeals process and stop posting personal "beefs." If you continue to post them, they will be deleted. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 I have no beef against you as a moderator. It is you as a private citizen when you repeatedly post statements about me personally that I've told you are not accurate. That's what is wrong here. So, just stop telling me and others what I believe and where I am going and things will be fine. Now ... I will refrain from telling you were you might go and end up with your beliefs. That is something that I would consider to be 'personal'. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 I have no beef against you as a moderator. It is you as a private citizen when you repeatedly post statements about me personally that I've told you are not accurate. That's what is wrong here. So, just stop telling me and others what I believe and where I am going and things will be fine. Now ... I will refrain from telling you were you might go and end up with your beliefs. That is something that I would consider to be 'personal'. Speaking as moderator: You need to take this complaint to administrators and/or other moderators instead of posting these personal arguments on the public threads. These are the kinds of things that are to be taken to PM or to other moderators. Speaking as as an ordinary members of the Forum, I am not telling you where you are going. I have never done that. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
LifeHiscost Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 You know as you guys get older this sort of thing will happen more often! Tell me about it. But I'm safe among the body of believers. "Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:32 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Did he have any kind of super powers? If having three nipples gives super powers, would having 4 give one super duper powers? I have four. It's true. And it's not freaky. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Quote: Speaking as as an ordinary members of the Forum, I am not telling you where you are going. I have never done that. Speaking as an ordinary member ... do you feel it is wrong for one to tell someone where they are going? Would that be considered 'personal' in regards to this forum? (Of course I realize this would just be your own personal thoughts and not reflective of the views of this Forum.) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Quote: Tell me about it. But I'm safe among the body of believers. You are? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
LifeHiscost Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Quote: Tell me about it. But I'm safe among the body of believers. You are? Those with whom I'm not safe are not believers. "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."James 1:22 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 Quote: Speaking as as an ordinary members of the Forum, I am not telling you where you are going. I have never done that. Speaking as an ordinary member ... do you feel it is wrong for one to tell someone where they are going? Would that be considered 'personal' in regards to this forum? It depends on the circumstances and on the post. What is the context and the language used? Is it a personal attack or is it based on what the Bible teaches? Is there name-calling involved? What is the general tone of the exchange? Those are all things that would affect a decision. Speaking with moderator's hat: Send me the post# and the thread title. I will study the post and tell you my decision. If you seriously believe a moderator made the wrong decision, please use the appeals process that was designed for that purpose. That is better than posting your "beef" on the public threads. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 I am free to object when someone tells me I am going to Hell. I do not have to sit here and agree with it. I do not intend to make an offical objection. As far as I know ... there has been no official decision on the issue ... at least I've not brought it up. So I am not objecting to any moderator's decision. But I will state clearly as I have ... that I disagree with the merits of the post. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 I disagree with the merits of the post. What post are you talking about? If you want it reviewed, give the post# and the title of the thread. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Quote: It depends on the circumstances and on the post. What is the context and the language used? Is it a personal attack or is it based on what the Bible teaches? Is there name-calling involved? What is the general tone of the exchange? Those are all things that would affect a decision. I could prove that any number of people here are supposedly lost by what they post. I could quote all kinds of scripture to make it appear such. But I personally don't approve of this. I don't want to see this forum deteriorate to that. Perhaps some here do. And I suppose that is their right. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 I am free to object when someone tells me I am going to Hell. I do not have to sit here and agree with it. I don't believe anyone is saying you have to agree with someone telling you that you are "going to Hell." The rules, if followed, make a way of solving those kinds of issues. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood I disagree with the merits of the post. What post are you talking about? If you want it reviewed, give the post# and the title of the thread. I keep telling you that I don't want it reviewed. I simply intend to disagree with the merits of the post. Which is what I have done. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood I am free to object when someone tells me I am going to Hell. I do not have to sit here and agree with it. I don't believe anyone is saying you have to agree with someone telling you that you are "going to Hell." The rules, if followed, make a way of solving those kinds of issues. I know of no issue. I am simply disagreeing with the merits of the post. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: John317 I don't believe anyone is saying you have to agree with someone telling you that you are "going to Hell." The rules' date=' if followed, make a way of solving those kinds of issues. [/quote'] I know of no issue. I am simply disagreeing with the merits of the post. OK. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 I keep telling you that I don't want it reviewed. OK, I just wanted to be sure. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood I keep telling you that I don't want it reviewed. OK, I just wanted to be sure. Thank you. I would not want it removed because I think having it on this forum does far more damage to their cause than anything I could have you do or anything I could ever say. And it serves as a good example of what can go wrong. Hopefully it will demonstrate what we don't want to do. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 Originally Posted By: John317 OK' date=' I just wanted to be sure. [/quote'] Thank you. I would not want it removed because I think having it on this forum does far more damage to their cause than anything I could have you do or anything I could ever say. And it serves as a good example of what can go wrong. Hopefully it will demonstrate what we don't want to do. I'll tell you what. I won't remove it then, but tell me the thread-title and the post# so I can at least check it out. It's possible it's one I already looked at but I won't know until you tell me. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 I am free to object when someone tells me I am going to Hell. I do not have to sit here and agree with it. So far as I know, no one has even suggested that you have to agree with anyone who tells you this. In fact, I've asked you who told you this, and to give me the post#, but so far you haven't done so. You've told me you don't want it reviewed or deleted. Quote: I do not intend to make an offical objection. But that means you have made the posts you wrote tonight without even going through the first steps of an appeals process or of even asking moderators to look into your objection. Quote: As far as I know ... there has been no official decision on the issue ... at least I've not brought it up. I can't know what particular issue you refer to here since you haven't given the post#. However, Robert did ask me to look at some posts, and when I did, I found that they didn't violate the rules of the forum. They were simply part of an exchange about theological views and were not personal attacks and did not entail any name-calling. Quote: So I am not objecting to any moderator's decision. But I will state clearly as I have ... that I disagree with the merits of the post. There's certainly no harm in disagreeing with a post, and of course you are free to do that. But the problem is when you violate the rules of the forum by making personal arguments and misstate people's views intentionally in order to make a point. That is not the right way to solve these issues. It only makes things worse. If you feel that the moderator is not doing his job-- or that someone has done you wrong-- the thing to do is bring it to the attention of the moderators and the Admin. Use the appeals process that was designed for that purpose. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.