Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 12, 2009 Members Posted December 12, 2009 now, what are half-sour pickles, pk?? I've never heard of them, and I thought I've canned just about every kind of pickle there is! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Guest Posted December 12, 2009 Posted December 12, 2009 now, what are half-sour pickles, pk?? I've never heard of them, and I thought I've canned just about every kind of pickle there is! You know how to can? Now that's something that nobody here knew. Quote
Members phkrause Posted December 12, 2009 Members Posted December 12, 2009 These are pickles that the Jewish people really like. The bottle in the store just says Half-sour pickles on it. Not sure how to explain it rudywoofs! My father used to bring them home all the time when we lived in NYC. And most of my Jewish relatives had them at there homes. Also if we went to a Jewish owned diner or restaurant they would have them on the table for you to eat. When I first got married we would go to this diner in garden city NY that served those pickles all the time. Than when we moved to Massachusetts, and drove back and forth to Ma and NY for visits they had this Jewish deli/restaurant called "Reins" in Connecticut, that you could buy all sorts of jewish food, and you could eat there and they had those same pickles. I'll see if I can find out what the company names is that sells them. I believe that BJs sells them here. They are in a very large bottle though, way to many pickles to eat. And if they get to sour they are awful. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted December 12, 2009 Author Posted December 12, 2009 Here is something no one knows about me... my great-grandmother on my father side, and hense my grandmother was a Jewess, and on my mother side, we are a product of slavery, i.e., black from Louisiana. Not sure even sure my kids know that. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted December 12, 2009 Members Posted December 12, 2009 Cool Stan. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted December 12, 2009 Administrators Posted December 12, 2009 The old farmhouse in which I lived growing up in northern Pennsylvania had been a part of the underground railroad. I am a Mayflower descendant. William Brewster is my 11th-Great Grandfather, and John Alden and Miles Standish are 10th-Great Grandfathers to me. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 12, 2009 Members Posted December 12, 2009 That's really interesting, Tom! Do you have any heirlooms handed down to you from them? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Stan Posted December 12, 2009 Author Posted December 12, 2009 part of my mother's, that was involved with my black side, were part of the underground railroad, and Amish.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
GreatLakesGramma Posted December 13, 2009 Posted December 13, 2009 Then try almond or cashew butter or even sunflower butter. Actually, on the extremely rare occasion that I actually have a sandwich, I prefer to leave off the grease and moisten it with a nice layer of sprouts instead. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 13, 2009 Members Posted December 13, 2009 GLG, someone will probably be getting you a Chia Pet for Christmas! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted December 15, 2009 Posted December 15, 2009 sweet pickles? or dill? (Sweet pickles and peanut butter would be good!) :smile: Those are yummy but I thought somebody already knew that so I didn't post it. Cheers! And natural peanut butter that isn't hydrogenated is still in the debatable column. It's the price that would stop me from eating it. Not good for my financial health. Cheers! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted December 15, 2009 Posted December 15, 2009 Here is something no one knows about me... my great-grandmother on my father side, and hense my grandmother was a Jewess, and on my mother side, we are a product of slavery, i.e., black from Louisiana. Not sure even sure my kids know that. Not only that, but your my brother, Stan, and we have the same Father. But I guess most everyone knew that. Cheers! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Dottie Posted December 15, 2009 Posted December 15, 2009 Re: hydrogenated peanut butter. Sometimes I make my own peanut butter in my food processor. You have to experiment to see how long to run it, or else the pb is too grainy or too oily. I use the store brand dry roasted, unsalted peanuts. It actually tastes a lot better than brand names. Quote
nuff sed Posted December 17, 2009 Posted December 17, 2009 Dottie: But have you tried making Banana Soft Serve with your food processor? Just peel, slice and freeze the bananas, then toss them into your food processor for the nicest, cheapest soft-serve you will ever get. Kids who like bananas will love it....no refined sugar. You can add a little vanilla if you like. Quote
Members phkrause Posted December 17, 2009 Members Posted December 17, 2009 That's all Glad? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gerr Posted December 17, 2009 Moderators Posted December 17, 2009 I just baked a pumkin bread today without the pumkin! Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 17, 2009 Members Posted December 17, 2009 did you mean to bake it that way, or did you forget the pumpkin? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Gerr Posted December 18, 2009 Moderators Posted December 18, 2009 did you mean to bake it that way, or did you forget the pumpkin? I had made several batches reading the steps. Well, I thought I had made enough batches and therefore following the instructions step by step was no longer necessary. Guess what, I skip one step and that's how I wound up with a pumpkin bread without the pumkin! Still tasted good though, just not as soft or fluffy. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 18, 2009 Members Posted December 18, 2009 teehe Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Gerr Posted December 18, 2009 Moderators Posted December 18, 2009 Why, did I sin by leaving out the pumkin? Quote
Dottie Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Glad - - Can that be done with a blender? I make smoothies all the time with the blender. Quote
nuff sed Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Read my lips..Dottie and dgrimm60..............If you want to make SOFT SERVE do not use blender...Use food processor. If you want to make smoothies use your blender, electric mixer or whatever you choose. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted December 18, 2009 Administrators Posted December 18, 2009 Talking about ancestors... My great-grandmother was nicknamed "High-stepping Jennie". Her husband worked on the railroad and she had an illegitimate son who became a long-lost relative that my Mormon relatives tracked down years later. On the Cotton side (my grandma who was 100 when she died's family) the ancestor who came to Canada from England was a mistress to a high-class nobleman. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted December 18, 2009 Administrators Posted December 18, 2009 Besides that I have a pen collection. I have hundreds of pens that write any other colour but blue or black. My favourites are a broad point ballpoint. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.