Overaged Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 We used to have a cat named "Fluffy." It was a he. He liked to sit for hours in any window, and just stare. Quietly stare. When I can manage it; I do the same. And if my wife calls me when I am doing this; she will often ask: "What are you doing?" And every time, the stolid answer resounds: "I'm doing 'The Fluffy.'" Quiet time is good. Quote: Isaiah 30:15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 18, 2009 Members Posted December 18, 2009 Besides that I have a pen collection. I have hundreds of pens that write any other colour but blue or black. My favourites are a broad point ballpoint. We used to get free pens from pharmaceutical company reps who came around to offices. I once sold 10 of those pens on ebay for $10 to a Navy sailor who collects pens, too. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Talula Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Sounds fabulous! I've never tried it but I will. Where are you from in North Carolina? I'm from Asheboro. Quote
Talula Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 I'm embarrassed to admit that I do enjoy it. Seussie (my little doggy) always wants to sniff it to make sure it's really dead. It's very satisfying. (Man, I'm creepy.) Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 18, 2009 Members Posted December 18, 2009 Here's something else no one knows about me: I'm related to Lady Godiva - the one who rode through Coventry naked to protest her husband's treatment of the serfs... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted December 18, 2009 Members Posted December 18, 2009 well that's interesting rudywoofs pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Here's something else no one knows about me: I'm related to Lady Godiva - the one who rode through Coventry naked to protest her husband's treatment of the serfs... Do you have any of her proclivities? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 18, 2009 Members Posted December 18, 2009 LOLOLOL None that I'll admit to! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Dottie Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of relatives, I am related to Joe Kittinger, the man who flew the highest in a hot air balloon, and jumped out of it and survived. He is a second(or third)cousin of my father. Also, I've had about 70 children, not students in a classroom. Quote
SivartM Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of relatives, I'm related to a vice-president! I forgot his name, though... but he was only vice-president for a week (he died) and was the only one to be inaugurated in a foreign country (Cuba or something?) Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 19, 2009 Members Posted December 19, 2009 Also, I've had about 70 children, not students in a classroom. Foster children? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of relatives, I'm related to a vice-president! I forgot his name, though... but he was only vice-president for a week (he died) and was the only one to be inaugurated in a foreign country (Cuba or something?) Oh. You mean the slave owner William RD King. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
SivartM Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Yup, him! :D Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Dottie Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Rudywoofs - - You are right. We initially took in infants who were to be adopted, and kept them for an adoption agency until the paperwork was done, or the new parents came into town to get them. Then we took in state children up to the age of four. The longest we had any children was two years and seven months. Those were the first two children from the state. They were also the hardest to let go, as I got the girl when she was only 23 hours old, and they had had very little contact with their mother. Quote
Members phkrause Posted December 19, 2009 Members Posted December 19, 2009 Well dgrimm I could tell that you were related to the grimm brothers, because your always so grimm! hahahahaha hehehehehe hohohohoho pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted December 19, 2009 Members Posted December 19, 2009 you wouldn't expect anything else from me, now would you? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted December 19, 2009 Administrators Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of relatives and presidents - In the Mayflower descendants family tree I am related to 4 presidents, albeit distantly - John Adams -- 3rd Cousin, 8th Removed John Quincy Adams -- 4th Cousin, 7th Removed Ulysses S. Grant -- 6th Cousin, 6th Removed Franklin Delano Roosevelt -- 7th Cousin, 5th Removed And two other noteworthy distant Mayflower cousins - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -- 4th Cousin, 5th Removed William Cullen Bryant -- 5th Cousin, 6th Removed Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 19, 2009 Members Posted December 19, 2009 Someone did a lot of genealogical research for you to know all of those, Tom. Very interesting family tree you have. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
GreatLakesGramma Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of famous relatives, I am a descendant of Charlemagne, king of France, and Edward I of England. I am also a very distant cousin of Winston Churchill. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Moderators Gerr Posted December 19, 2009 Moderators Posted December 19, 2009 Well, on my last blood draw, it was bright red. Not a tint of blue. Quote
SivartM Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Speaking of relatives and presidents - In the Mayflower descendants family tree I am related to 4 presidents, albeit distantly - John Adams -- 3rd Cousin, 8th Removed John Quincy Adams -- 4th Cousin, 7th Removed Ulysses S. Grant -- 6th Cousin, 6th Removed Franklin Delano Roosevelt -- 7th Cousin, 5th Removed And two other noteworthy distant Mayflower cousins - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -- 4th Cousin, 5th Removed William Cullen Bryant -- 5th Cousin, 6th Removed Are you by any chance related to *tries to remember the name* Peregrine White (I think) who came on the Mayflower? Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Woody Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 Hey All ... I'm related to Adam ... many times removed. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
SivartM Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 I'm related to Adam too! And Noah! Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Woody Posted December 19, 2009 Posted December 19, 2009 I'm related to Adam too! And Noah! Hey ... cool. I bet we're related. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted December 19, 2009 Members Posted December 19, 2009 I was going to mention that also. In some way or other we are all related but very far apart. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.