LifeHiscost Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 -deleted When that happens, Pam. Who did the deletion? I didn't think GLG deserved a response needing to be deleted. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 I don't think what was deleted had anything to do with what I said. Look at Sivart's response. He seems to have read whatever it was. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 1, 2010 Author Members Posted February 1, 2010 I deleted it because i didnt think anyone was really interested after I was laughed at over on another thread. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Liz Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Well, I know I want to hear about your new puppy, and I know that I am not alone. We were all rooting for you to get the little guy, now we want to hear about all of his antics. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 This is NOT the other thread. On this one, we WANT to hear all about your new puppy. If anyone laughs at you here, we'll tell them to shut up and go elsewhere. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Originally Posted By: Woody Now that you have a puppy dog Pam ... I hope you won't forget about us here on CA. Don't be silly, Redwood. Pam has to have somebody to share her puppy's milestones with, to brag about his superior intelligence to, tell about all the cute things he does, and share lots and lots of pictures with! And we are right here, all ready to do our duty - to ooh and aah and all that right and proper stuff. Well. I am silly much of the time. But I do agree with all that you have stated here. I woke up early this morning to come online and see how Rudywoofs is doing with her puppy. I'm very disappointed that a good thread like this got the meat of it 'deleted'. I would like to know who is responsible for this. There is so much dysfunction displayed on this forum and when finally a good thread is developed ... posts should not be deleted. Just MHO. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Originally Posted By: rudywoofs -deleted When that happens, Pam. Who did the deletion? I didn't think GLG deserved a response needing to be deleted. Blessings! Yes. I would like to know this also. I would like to have 'words' with them. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Redwood, Pam said she deleted it herself, because somebody laughed at her on another thread. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 1, 2010 Author Members Posted February 1, 2010 I got Newly yesterday at noon. My mom went with me to pick him up since it was a long drive of 2 1/2 hrs (long drive for me). We met the old owners at Biggs, OR, which was the halfway point for both of us. Newly is a beautiful puppy. He's 8 months old but looks like a full grown dog. He weighs in right now at about 85-90 lbs. His sire weighed 130 pounds and his mom weighed 110, so I'm not sure just how much more he's going to grow. He seems to be already naturally housebroken. No accidents (yet). :smile: But he IS a finicky eater. He hasn't touched his food yet today. He's drank some water though, and he *will* eat some treats....but only certain kinds. Within 1 1/2 hrs of coming home he had started shredding my sheepskin rug I have in my bedroom. He *does* know the meaning of NO, though, but I took up the rug and have rolled it at the foot of my bed. He slept in the bedroom with me last night, but I had to keep the door closed because he wanted to roam around the house. He doesn't like to get into the car. I have to figure out how to get him to get in and out. That's important since he will be going down to my mom's when I have doctor appts or need to leave for some reason. Anyone have an idea how to get him into the car? Right now he's just sleeping on the floor here in the living room. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
SivartM Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 You might be able to lure him into your car with a treat or a toy. Or maybe a sheepskin rug. I'm glad he's housetrained! Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Woody Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Oh how cool and exciting. Thanks for the update Pam. As far as eating ... it just may be due to the adjustment of being with someone new. When Blanche is gone ... my dog won't eat for awhile. And as far as getting into the car ... did leading him with a treat help? Enjoy ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 1, 2010 Administrators Posted February 1, 2010 On the eating, a dog sometimes won't eat well until they settle in. And even then not all dogs eat like pigs (anything and all the time). In a way this is a good thing since you can leave food out for them to eat as they want to. Just like Woody's dog, our dog was that way. She ate well, but a little at a time when she was hungry. We noticed that when we were gone for most of the day she would not touch her food until we got home. She seemed to like to have company when she ate, or wasn't as hungry when she was lonely, I guess. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted February 1, 2010 Members Posted February 1, 2010 I got Newly yesterday at noon. My mom went with me to pick him up since it was a long drive of 2 1/2 hrs (long drive for me). We met the old owners at Biggs, OR, which was the halfway point for both of us. Newly is a beautiful puppy. He's 8 months old but looks like a full grown dog. He weighs in right now at about 85-90 lbs. His sire weighed 130 pounds and his mom weighed 110, so I'm not sure just how much more he's going to grow. He seems to be already naturally housebroken. No accidents (yet). :smile: But he IS a finicky eater. He hasn't touched his food yet today. He's drank some water though, and he *will* eat some treats....but only certain kinds. Within 1 1/2 hrs of coming home he had started shredding my sheepskin rug I have in my bedroom. He *does* know the meaning of NO, though, but I took up the rug and have rolled it at the foot of my bed. He slept in the bedroom with me last night, but I had to keep the door closed because he wanted to roam around the house. He doesn't like to get into the car. I have to figure out how to get him to get in and out. That's important since he will be going down to my mom's when I have doctor appts or need to leave for some reason. Anyone have an idea how to get him into the car? Right now he's just sleeping on the floor here in the living room. Awesome Pam, and thanks for the update. All will work it self out. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 1, 2010 Author Members Posted February 1, 2010 He just sits down like a ton of lead at the door of the car. I have to lift his front legs in (which he keeps stiff as a board) and then boost the rest of him into the seat. I've never had that problem with a dog before. Usually they love going for rides. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 I deleted it because i didnt think anyone was really interested after I was laughed at over on another thread. Oh well. Some will laugh. Some will cry. Some will criticize. The Lord allows the bruises so we'll not be so comfortable here that we'll forget how much He wants us there. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 1, 2010 Author Members Posted February 1, 2010 He doesn't want me there. I know I won't be in heaven...just as sure as Woody knows he *will* be. After today, I am not a Christian. I probably was not one to begin with. I wish I hadn't gotten the puppy. I dont know whjat will happen to him. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted February 1, 2010 Members Posted February 1, 2010 He doesn't want me there. I know I won't be in heaven...just as sure as Woody knows he *will* be. After today, I am not a Christian. I probably was not one to begin with. I wish I hadn't gotten the puppy. I dont know whjat will happen to him. No way to all those comments Pam. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
SivartM Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 I agree with pkrause, rudywoofs. God definitely wants you there. And so does Newly. :) Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Liz Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Newly needs you. I don't have any puppy advice, do you ever watch The Dog Whisperer? Cesar Millan is really good, he has a website called cesars way and on there is lots and lots of tips on how to do just about anything with your dog. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Members phkrause Posted February 1, 2010 Members Posted February 1, 2010 You know Pam I've always heard, I guess I shouldn't say always. But I've heard from some pastors that I really admire, like Doug Batchelor, Shawn Boonstra, Dwight Nelson, Ron Halverson and a few others, that its harder not to get to heaven than it is to get there. So just because some messed up christians think otherwise doesn't mean you have to think the same, or just don't allow them to let you think that. Hope this helps, if not I'm sad. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 1, 2010 Author Members Posted February 1, 2010 I don't watch TV...I don't have cable or satellite. I'm a boring person. I have little to talk about with anyone. Nobody is really interested in my puppy and I know that. And there is precious little on the forum or anywhere for someone like me. I really tried my best to fit in here. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Outta Here Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 Rudywoofs...I happen to think you are the best poster here at CA. Your thoughts and ideas are the ones that most nearly reflect my own. Please, do not leave. But, if you do. Keep in touch via e-mail, please. Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 1, 2010 Moderators Posted February 1, 2010 I am following the puppy saga. Please don't leave me hanging! Hugs, LD Quote LD
Dottie Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 Pam - - About getting the dog in the car... Why don't you just take him for a walk around it at first, and then slowly get him more and more used to it? Walk around with the door closed, then opened, then you sitting in the car, and Newly on the ground, etc., etc. He may not be a treat-motivated dog. We had an Aussie that didn't care about treats, didn't eat all his food at once, and so on. His favorite toy was one of those stuffed ducks that squawked when he stepped on it or bit it. He would come for that no matter what. Maybe he'd just like a "good boy!" and a hug. (and you'd like it, too, I'm sure). And p-l-e-a-s-e don't leave. I'd miss you. . . Dottie Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.