Guest Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 That there are Bible and Ellen White texts indicating that there may be more saved than lost, Huh? I'm pretty sure it's just the opposite. Quote
Woody Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 Originally Posted By: Kevin H That there are Bible and Ellen White texts indicating that there may be more saved than lost, Huh? I'm pretty sure it's just the opposite. I think you are right Richard. I don't think any quote like that exists. Perhaps in someone's imagination only. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted February 4, 2010 Members Posted February 4, 2010 I would have to agree, it seems to me more people choose not to accept Jesus as there Saviour. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Guest Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 Pam I was going to recemend a dog training book, but I can't find it. I haven't just it in a few years so I can't remember the name either, but as soon as I find it, I will let you know its name. Its the best training book for dogs. This guy trained dogs for the U.S. Army in WW2. Last I remember he trains dogs for the LA police. pk That would be William Koehler, pronounced keeler. He's dead now, but he personally taught my friend Bob how to train dogs using the Koehler method. And Bob is the one who taught me how to train Mr. Murphy. They still use that method to train Army dogs, and a lot of police dogs are trained that way. I put a lot of hours in training Mr. Murphy, using the Koehler method, and it has paid off. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 well gee whiz, that was a lot of help.. :( Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted February 4, 2010 Members Posted February 4, 2010 Well I still have not found the book will continue to look. Not sure why its disappeared! Oh well I will find it eventually. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted February 4, 2010 Members Posted February 4, 2010 Richard the name doesn't sound familiar but you could be right. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Guest Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 If he weighs 85-90 lbs. like you say, then he is not a puppy, he's full grown. Maybe you are giving it a high estimate because he feels heavy to you. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 No...his papa weighed 130 lbs and his mama weighed 110 pounds. Newly is 8 mos...his old owner was the one who told me the weight now was 85-90 lbs. He's not full grown at all. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Dottie Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 If you look up the name, William Koehler, it gives a short summary of the methods used at the beginning of training. It is very interesting, and different from anything I've ever heard of. Quote
Guest Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 No...his papa weighed 130 lbs and his mama weighed 110 pounds. Newly is 8 mos...his old owner was the one who told me the weight now was 85-90 lbs. He's not full grown at all. I had pictured a little puppy, like in the pic you posted. I don't guess you can just pick him up and set him in the car then. Quote
Guest Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 If you look up the name, William Koehler, it gives a short summary of the methods used at the beginning of training. It is very interesting, and different from anything I've ever heard of. It works wonderfully if you follow through on it. It might not be for everybody though. But if you need a dog to be so well trained that you can stake your life on it, then that is the one to use. Some people just don't make good dog trainers. Hey dottie I dug up some information on the fastest car in the world. It's on the photo thread. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 If you look up the name, William Koehler, it gives a short summary of the methods used at the beginning of training. It is very interesting, and different from anything I've ever heard of. Thanks Dottie, I found this http://www.koehlerdogtraining.com/ website. Dog training won't do me any good, though, until I can get him into the car. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 Huh? I'm pretty sure it's just the opposite. I think you are right Richard. I don't think any quote like that exists. Perhaps in someone's imagination only. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Woody Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 huh ? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 why is my thread being spammed? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 huh? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 why is it being talked about "being harder to get to heaven" on this thread? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 I think I have a good idea dgrimm. It is just the natural progression of discussion. These things happen and with most each thread. We do need to have some understanding of this and be gentle with others. You know ... I could follow any person here and accuse them of being off topic on most any given day. It just happens when people talk. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 4, 2010 Author Members Posted February 4, 2010 -deleted- Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 oh Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 4, 2010 Moderators Posted February 4, 2010 Dear Mr Woody, Sir, et al, I am going to give you a small glimpse of my mind (no comments on the size of my mind required) - so here goes. Ready? 1...2...3... There should be a law against doggy-like responses on any thread (I know, I am picking on you because it is convenient, but there are others guilty of this crime). Doggy-like responses are identified by such arfy responses as Huh? And Oh? And other slightly longer, just as thoughtful, almost always annoying - but useful for those in some weird kind of counting game - post-number-increasing replies. I think Pam's puppy might be able to contribute just as substantively to this conversation. Should you wish to discuss this point publicly, you may start a new thread and call it something like "Ms. Noodles is mean and she gives me permission to say so." That way this thread can get back into the business of puppies. Sincerely, Ms. Noodles, Teacher Quote LD
Liz Posted February 5, 2010 Posted February 5, 2010 So has Newly made it into the car yet? Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 5, 2010 Moderators Posted February 5, 2010 The only dog, out of 20 or so in my life, that liked getting into the car was the one I used to take on rides every day, just for fun. She died awhile ago, but I still find her hairs in the car. She didn't like the first couple of rides, but once she figured out there might be a walk or the joyous greeting of a loved one last seen that morning, it was hard to keep her out of any car, including cars of strangers. LD Quote LD
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 5, 2010 Author Members Posted February 5, 2010 That's how I'm hoping Newly will get to be. I can get him to look inside the car door, but then he backs away like he's frightened. Something else I've discovered is that when I tell him to "sit" he lays down immediately and just cowers like I'm going to hit him. I can't imagine my friends who had him mistreated him, but I have never had this happen to me with a dog before. I'm rather soft-spoken, so it really mystifies me. He has been driving me nuts today with a squeaky toy I found and gave to him. (my fault!!!) I don't have the heart to take it away from him though. He makes it squeak by mashing his nose into it. Ooops. We just had our first housebreaking accident. Luckily I caught him in the act and he stopped when I hollered NO! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.