LifeHiscost Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 I really tried my best to fit in here. Hi Rudy! Fitting in to the forum is something like fitting into society in general, or a swimming pool. You don't try to fit in. You just put on your choice of swim suit and jump in. If the water is cold, you do what's appropriate to you. Maybe you try to heat the water close to you for your own comfort, but you don't try to heat the whole pool. You might put on a warmer suit or even try to warm those closest to you. But if the water won't warm up(that would be them) you wouldn't normally drain the pool because the waters cool. I've observed a lot of posters have been trying to heat the water close to them(That would be you). I guess you need to decide whether you can be warm enough in the pool with those, whether few or many, that appear to be warm to you. One thing of which you can be sure. The cold water will eventually sink to the bottom if it doesn't warm up.. Even if it's because all the warm water drained out of the pool. When the cold water sinks to the bottom of the pool it will become stagnant and eventually be washed out. Then the pool will fill up again with cool water and gradually get warmer. Maybe even you will be warm enough to add to the higher temperature. One thing for sure. If you're part of the warmth of the pool, and you leave, the pool will miss you for your warmth. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Woody Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 Originally Posted By: rudywoofs I really tried my best to fit in here. Hi Rudy! Fitting in to the forum is something like fitting into society in general, or a swimming pool. You don't try to fit in. You just put on your choice of swim suit and jump in. If the water is cold, you do what's appropriate to you. Maybe you try to heat the water close to you for your own comfort, but you don't try to heat the whole pool. You might put on a warmer suit or even try to warm those closest to you. But if the water won't warm up(that would be them) you wouldn't normally drain the pool because the waters cool. I've observed a lot of posters have been trying to heat the water close to them(That would be you). I guess you need to decide whether you can be warm enough in the pool with those, whether few or many, that appear to be warm to you. One thing of which you can be sure. The cold water will eventually sink to the bottom if it doesn't warm up.. Even if it's because all the warm water drained out of the pool. When the cold water sinks to the bottom of the pool it will become stagnant and eventually be washed out. Then the pool will fill up again with cool water and gradually get warmer. Maybe even you will be warm enough to add to the higher temperature. One thing for sure. If you're part of the warmth of the pool, and you leave, the pool will miss you for your warmth. Blessings! Good Post LifeHiscost ... Always tell your children not to pee in the pool. While it does warm up the pool ... it also polutes it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 2, 2010 Author Members Posted February 2, 2010 -deleted- Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted February 2, 2010 Administrators Posted February 2, 2010 How was puppy yesterday and last night? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 2, 2010 Author Members Posted February 2, 2010 I think I have to give him up. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 Would you give him back to the ones that gave him to you or someone else? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 2, 2010 Author Members Posted February 2, 2010 I don't know. If I could just get him in the car it would be different. But he's afraid of everything. I don't understand why.. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Guest Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 Don't give him up, He'll come around. Some dogs are just like that. My German Shepard Wolf was like that when he was a puppy. He grew out of it though. He never did warm up to riding in a car, so I just never took him anywhere. I guess I should have just put him in the car and made him ride more when he was still a puppy, but I didn't. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted February 2, 2010 Administrators Posted February 2, 2010 Hang in there, Pam. He's not a tiny little puppy and probably has some baggage to him. Little bit by little bit. He will get used to you :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
teresaq Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 I don't know. If I could just get him in the car it would be different. But he's afraid of everything. I don't understand why.. i rent here in the country from a couple. a miniature poodle was given to them but has ended up "mine" since im the one who takes care of her. she is a fussy eater and scared to death of everything. there are times she is so terrified she just shakes and it takes a while for me to calm her. as for the eating they may know what is good for them and what isnt. while dogs are omnivorous, as opposed to cats which are carnivorous, some, like my tashi, have sensitivities. some dogfood just makes tasha sick so she wont eat it. since the petfood comes from the supply store the couple own that cant be sold i can be hard put to find what to feed tasha because of that. but she is an absolute joy! her ways and personality are so cute, she just reaches in and grabs your heart. she and my cat just soften my heart when i come in contact with them. my cat has been known to "shred" me, especially when she was younger and terrified. even now when she gets scared it can be quite painful to me. but most of the time they bring such joy to life. it will take a while for you to get to know your dog, im still studying how to care for tasha, even praying, cause they cant tell us. but you will get to know your dog and s/he will get to know you. dogs love to please. the couple, while very good people have a slightly different mentality towards animals than i do. mary got another dog, a big one, that stays outside and doesnt seem to have been that well-trained, so she got hit a few times for chasing the sheep/goats. my tactic is somewhat different. i will call her sharply, then praise her to high-heaven petting her the whole time. she is a good and obedient dog now. well anyway i hope you give it some time, it may be worth the struggle. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
LifeHiscost Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 Good Post LifeHiscost ... Always tell your children not to pee in the pool. While it does warm up the pool ... it also polutes it. Why am I still laughing. I probably agree with everything Rudy deleted. And then we'd probably be laughing out the other side of our mouth. teehe BTW are polutes in any way related to pilates. Just asking. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Woody Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 Personally ... I prefer pilates over polutes. But it is a personal preference. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
nuff sed Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 You need to have a crate in the house for the dog where he sleeps at night and feels safe.... Then when you want to travel you just pick up the crate and put it in the car. Find out where your nearest Freecycle group is and ask for one online. Portland might be your closest one. Regards, G Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 3, 2010 Members Posted February 3, 2010 You need to have a crate in the house for the dog where he sleeps at night and feels safe.... Then when you want to travel you just pick up the crate and put it in the car. Find out where your nearest Freecycle group is and ask for one online. Portland might be your closest one. Regards, G I believe Glad that the dog will be a little to heavy to carry around. I think Pam mentioned that he was already around 80 lbs. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 3, 2010 Author Members Posted February 3, 2010 Glad, he's too heavy for me to carry - he weighs in at 85-90 pounds! And my little car can't hold a doggie crate that big. I'd be happy just to have him in the front seat with me. But, no kidding, he turns into a ton of lead when he gets to the car door! I haven't tried using the treats yet. I thought I would just stay home with him today. Right now, he's busy with a doggie bone. When he lays down beside me and I'm sitting on the sofa, he wraps his front paws around my legs. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 I don't know. If I could just get him in the car it would be different. But he's afraid of everything. I don't understand why.. Maybe he's something like me, Rudy. I went through five plus homes, foster and otherwise, before I was out of grade school. Some motherless and some were only interested in making a living. You can imagine the insecurity that developed over that period of time. Well it didn't disappear overnight and at the age of 74 I've found the best place to feel loved and find stability is to get as close to Jesus as I can by reading His promises from the Word as often as possible. He's become a Friend I think I would die for, rather than betray Him. And I don't say that because I feel like some super-Christian either. I say it because His promises to those who seek Him consistently point out clearly that not only are our weaknesses not enough to keep us out of the home in heaven He's preparing, but those same weakness are what allows His strength in us, become whole in Him. "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10 NKJV Just stop depending on your strength and ask Him to give you His. Joy!!!Faith!! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members phkrause Posted February 3, 2010 Members Posted February 3, 2010 Pam I was going to recemend a dog training book, but I can't find it. I haven't just it in a few years so I can't remember the name either, but as soon as I find it, I will let you know its name. Its the best training book for dogs. This guy trained dogs for the U.S. Army in WW2. Last I remember he trains dogs for the LA police. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dottie Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 Pam - - If he's sleeping with his paws around your legs, then he's recognizing that you are someone with whom he can feel safe. See, the bonding is starting. It takes a while. He has to learn to trust you, and if you are trustworthy, it will make him feel great just to be near you (as my dogs always prefer to be wherever I am). You've trained at least one dog. You can do it again. :) Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 3, 2010 Author Members Posted February 3, 2010 all the other dogs I had, I got when they were very little (at 8-12 weeks)...Newly is 8 months old. The old owners did not take him to obedience school, but he knows a few words, like "no" and "come"... today at noon I'm going to try to get him into the car to go down to my mom's house. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Kevin H Posted February 3, 2010 Moderators Posted February 3, 2010 You know Pam I've always heard, I guess I shouldn't say always. But I've heard from some pastors that I really admire, like Doug Batchelor, Shawn Boonstra, Dwight Nelson, Ron Halverson and a few others, that its harder not to get to heaven than it is to get there. So just because some messed up christians think otherwise doesn't mean you have to think the same, or just don't allow them to let you think that. Hope this helps, if not I'm sad. pk We can find Bible texts and Ellen White quotes that can indicate most being lost and only a few saved, others that appear to divide it about half and half, and others that indicate most being saved. For example in Acts of the Apostels Mrs. White has a quote that I heard once at a Youth conference when I was in accademy , but surprisingly everytime I've quoted it people have became quite upset. Right after the conference I mentioned it to my accademy Bible teacher who said no such quote existed, and I've leared not to mention it in churches so I'm afraid to write it here, but she said that there are more inside the city than outside. Others who don't get mad work on qualifying saying that she must have been including the angles and maybe some from the unfallen worlds. Also If I recall correctly, in Great Controversy she uses the idea of the vast mighty throng in an intersting homoletical usage. She discribes the lost as countless thousands, but then contrast the coutless thousands of lost to the vast mighty throng that no man can number of the saved. This literary genious, even though the phrase has the lost as countless thousands, you still have a vagueness of sort of a number you can give them as opposed to the group that you can't even discribe as countless thousands, but that you can't put a number on them. Anyway, I've come to understand that the answer is conditional on how we witness, that it may only be a choosen few, maybe about half, or even a vast mighty throng that no man can number. Sadly Satan likes us to only focus on the few text and try to explain away the larger group inside the city texts and quotes. I think focusing on one quote or the other can help self fulmilment of which ever of the 3 choices we focus on. No wonder Satan wants us to focus on the few. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 3, 2010 Author Members Posted February 3, 2010 Originally Posted By: pkrause You know Pam I've always heard, I guess I shouldn't say always. But I've heard from some pastors that I really admire, like Doug Batchelor, Shawn Boonstra, Dwight Nelson, Ron Halverson and a few others, that its harder not to get to heaven than it is to get there. So just because some messed up christians think otherwise doesn't mean you have to think the same, or just don't allow them to let you think that. Hope this helps, if not I'm sad. pk We can find Bible texts and Ellen White quotes that can indicate most being lost and only a few saved, others that appear to divide it about half and half, and others that indicate most being saved. For example in Acts of the Apostels Mrs. White has a quote that I heard once at a Youth conference when I was in accademy , but surprisingly everytime I've quoted it people have became quite upset. Right after the conference I mentioned it to my accademy Bible teacher who said no such quote existed, and I've leared not to mention it in churches so I'm afraid to write it here, but she said that there are more inside the city than outside. Others who don't get mad work on qualifying saying that she must have been including the angles and maybe some from the unfallen worlds. Also If I recall correctly, in Great Controversy she uses the idea of the vast mighty throng in an intersting homoletical usage. She discribes the lost as countless thousands, but then contrast the coutless thousands of lost to the vast mighty throng that no man can number of the saved. This literary genious, even though the phrase has the lost as countless thousands, you still have a vagueness of sort of a number you can give them as opposed to the group that you can't even discribe as countless thousands, but that you can't put a number on them. Anyway, I've come to understand that the answer is conditional on how we witness, that it may only be a choosen few, maybe about half, or even a vast mighty throng that no man can number. Sadly Satan likes us to only focus on the few text and try to explain away the larger group inside the city texts and quotes. I think focusing on one quote or the other can help self fulmilment of which ever of the 3 choices we focus on. No wonder Satan wants us to focus on the few. Kevin, you completely lost me on this one. I have no idea what you're talking about. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 3, 2010 Author Members Posted February 3, 2010 RUDYWOOFS WELL I hope every thing good well and you get him in your car dgrimm60 I'm going to try the treats and see if I can boost him into the front seat. Ought to be interesting! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Kevin H Posted February 3, 2010 Moderators Posted February 3, 2010 I've been trying to read some of the posts here and don't know how the comment made by PK about "that its harder not to get to heaven than it is to get there. So just because some messed up christians think otherwise doesn't mean you have to think the same, or just don't allow them to let you think that. Hope this helps, if not I'm sad. pk" deals with the thread about the puppy that needs housebreaking. But I was commenting on the phrase that some teach that it is harder not to get into heaven than it is to get there, and wanted to talk about some perspectives on this. That there are Bible and Ellen White texts indicating that there may be more saved than lost, especially that quote from Mrs. White's Acts of the Apostels that there are more inside the city than outside. Quote
teresaq Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 That there are Bible and Ellen White texts indicating that there may be more saved than lost, especially that quote from Mrs. White's Acts of the Apostels that there are more inside the city than outside.i dont remember ever coming across those. would you have the references? Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
teresaq Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 sorry, rudywoofs. i just read the last post when i responded. some dogs, i think, may always be afraid to get into a car. tasha used to shake pretty much the whole way, not sure why. she just lays down and goes to sleep now. she had been through a few homes so maybe she thought she was going to be dumped yet again... Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.