Overaged Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Woody; you must be a MEAT-EATER Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 Woody; you must be a MEAT-EATER Meat Eaters can't have their prayers answered. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Originally Posted By: Overaged Woody; you must be a MEAT-EATER Meat Eaters can't have their prayers answered. lol; YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU? I wasn't expecting that answer. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 Quote: lol; YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU? I wasn't expecting that answer. Why else are my prayers not being answered? Gotta find some reason for my failure. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Quote: lol; YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU? I wasn't expecting that answer. Why else are my prayers not being answered? Gotta find some reason for my failure. OK, so you are a meat-eater. Now; one other related question. Are you dead? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 Yes. My self is. But alive In Christ. And eating meat helps keep me that way. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Yes. My self is. But alive In Christ. And eating meat helps keep me that way. I thought we were supposed to be alive in Christ, and dead to sin? (lol) But the reason I asked if you were dead is a mystery so far. That is; until I hear an answer for the next question, I can't tell you why I asked...Do you believe that "we are what we eat?" Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 No. Now let me ask you a question since you have asked me several. As a Christian ... do you consider yourself one who does what Jesus did? IOWs a "follower" of Christ? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted April 27, 2011 Administrators Posted April 27, 2011 GP Talking about our prayers... if Jesus is our High Priest and His mediation ascends up with our prayers (His righteousness as the incense), doesn't that give power to the prayers? If we claimed that role of His to our lives, doesn't that make it applicable? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
teresaq Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Some times ... the conditions are so extensive that God would never need to answer them and yet could proclaim that He has kept them. Actually if one looks up all the excuses for not keeping His promises ... NO one would qualify for them. So the question begs ... What GOOD R THEY? While the discussion has gone in other directions one thing that occurred to me after seeing this topic is how deeply we need to know and understand God's love for us. I think as we start to comprehend that care and love of His on some level we will learn to trust Him more fully with everything. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Members phkrause Posted April 27, 2011 Members Posted April 27, 2011 While the discussion has gone in other directions one thing that occurred to me after seeing this topic is how deeply we need to know and understand God's love for us. I think as we start to comprehend that care and love of His on some level we will learn to trust Him more fully with everything. Beautifully said teresaq, Praise the Lord. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 Originally Posted By: Woody Some times ... the conditions are so extensive that God would never need to answer them and yet could proclaim that He has kept them. Actually if one looks up all the excuses for not keeping His promises ... NO one would qualify for them. So the question begs ... What GOOD R THEY? While the discussion has gone in other directions one thing that occurred to me after seeing this topic is how deeply we need to know and understand God's love for us. I think as we start to comprehend that care and love of His on some level we will learn to trust Him more fully with everything. Sounds Good teresa. But I remain confused on this topic. And thanks for getting us back to square one. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
LifeHiscost Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 LHC well I think Dwight Nelson disagrees. You can hear him in person regarding this in a 4 min. clip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6-rKqfigM&feature=related Thanks for that URL, Woody. Having listened to Pastor Joseph, a former Muslim converted to Christianity, reading directly from the Qu'ran, I respectfully disagree with some of those statements by Pastor Nelson, although I do believe it important to love our enemies as counseled by Jesus. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo If perfect obedience is the condition for receiving the promised blessing, then WHO can claim ANY of the promises? Since God knows that NO ONE can do that, then what's the point of promising anything unless it's some kind of a joke? Makes sense to me. If we recognize God as being the One responsible for completing the work in and through us, there is no conflict in what He requires and how it is completed for our salvation. "...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."Philippians 2:13 NKJV God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members phkrause Posted April 28, 2011 Members Posted April 28, 2011 LHC well I think Dwight Nelson disagrees. You can hear him in person regarding this in a 4 min. clip :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6-rKqfigM&feature=related I just watched that supposed 4+ minute clip. It seemed it was like, maybe one minute the rest was a lot of reading or trying to keep up with the scrolling. As far as what Pastor Nelson had to say, its like I had mentioned before, context is everything! He's actually repeating and than defending someone else. And what he says I agree with. He plainly says "the seeds" are there. And we can be assured that he has studied this as much as anyone. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Overaged Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 quote=teresaq(sda)]SC.107.001The apostle Peter says that there are in Scripture "things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest . . . unto their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16. The difficulties of Scripture have been urged by skeptics as an argument against the Bible; but so far from this, they constitute a strong evidence of its divine inspiration. If it contained no account of God but that which we could easily comprehend; if His greatness and majesty could be grasped by finite minds, then the Bible would not bear the unmistakable credentials of divine authority. The very grandeur and mystery of the themes presented should inspire faith in it as the word of God. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Scion Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 Hello, I am new to the forums, and I was looking for a good topic to comment on. I saw this one and it caught my eye, particularly this one statement from earlier: "Some times ... the conditions are so extensive that God would never need to answer them and yet could proclaim that He has kept them." I don't think the conditions are extensive at all, or that God uses excuses to break promises (which seems to be the implication of the above). The only time I see the Bible talk about God breaking a promise, called a "Covenant" in this reference, is here: "And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people." (Zech 11:10) The staff called "Beauty" represented the arrangement between God and Israel, which they betrayed by going to foreign gods and idols. In other words, even though it says He "might break [His] covenant," it is really that Israel had already broken the covenant, and He was therefore not going to abide by it any longer. This is similar to where God takes responsibility for even the things He allows to happen (e.g., Isa 45:7, where the word for "evil" means "misfortune," not spiritual or moral wickedness). Sorry if someone has used these references before, but I thought this could use some clarification. Scion Quote Scion
Moderators John317 Posted April 29, 2011 Moderators Posted April 29, 2011 Hi Scion, welcome to the Forum!! So glad you've decided to join the dicussions. I hope and pray it will be a blessing to you and that we'll see many more of your posts. Your post here is a great way to start, I think. Thanks for posting it. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Administrators Gail Posted April 29, 2011 Administrators Posted April 29, 2011 I second that- good input! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
karl Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 I'm glad for the Ninevites God didn't keep His promise to destroy Nineveh in forty days. I'm glad He gave us Jesus Christ to save us from HIS promise to destroy sinners. Quote
Gustave Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 According to SDA theology God can keep His promises "IF" God can meet the conditions... ...If "God" were not to meet His own conditions God would die and cease to exist. ...If anyone reading this doubt me please read the "Nicene Creed thread". ...Where this is proved beyond dispute. Quote
Woody Posted April 29, 2011 Author Posted April 29, 2011 Hello, I am new to the forums, and I was looking for a good topic to comment on. I saw this one and it caught my eye, particularly this one statement from earlier: "Some times ... the conditions are so extensive that God would never need to answer them and yet could proclaim that He has kept them." I don't think the conditions are extensive at all, or that God uses excuses to break promises (which seems to be the implication of the above). The only time I see the Bible talk about God breaking a promise, called a "Covenant" in this reference, is here: "And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people." (Zech 11:10) The staff called "Beauty" represented the arrangement between God and Israel, which they betrayed by going to foreign gods and idols. In other words, even though it says He "might break [His] covenant," it is really that Israel had already broken the covenant, and He was therefore not going to abide by it any longer. This is similar to where God takes responsibility for even the things He allows to happen (e.g., Isa 45:7, where the word for "evil" means "misfortune," not spiritual or moral wickedness). Sorry if someone has used these references before, but I thought this could use some clarification. Scion Thanks Scion for your comments. BTW ... Have you checked out your Welcome Thread? http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post432158 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.