Members phkrause Posted February 4, 2012 Members Posted February 4, 2012 Yes 2 T's is correct, as far as an amusement park?? I don't think so! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 4, 2012 Administrators Posted February 4, 2012 And EGW very clearly states that the Sabbath day is a day well suited for such acts of mercy and good deeds. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
doug yowell Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 Yes 2 T's is correct, as far as an amusement park?? I don't think so! He didn't own a berry farm before becoming Review editor? Quote
doug yowell Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 My challenge with certain perspectives I seen posted in this thread is the simple parroting of GOP talking points and using EGW as a cover. She was always very balanced in her views. And which of the GOP talking points would she have disagreed with? Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 5, 2012 Members Posted February 5, 2012 No he didn't. He was a pastor somewhere, and I believe before actually taking over as editor in chief he was an assistant editor for quite a number of years. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
olger Posted February 5, 2012 Posted February 5, 2012 He became an assistant in `97 I believe. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators John317 Posted May 2, 2012 Moderators Posted May 2, 2012 May 1, 2012 The Occupy movement targeted May Day as the day "the people of the planet will take to the streets." Crowds formed in many major cities, joining protesters worldwide on International Workers Day to demand economic equality. But the day remained mostly peaceful. Promised stoppages of mass transportation and commerce by the Occupy movement largely fizzled across the country. Overall, there were a modest number of arrests and clashes in a handful of cities. Many of the demonstrators reported splinter groups dressed mostly in black who turned demonstrations violent.... Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn authorized a seizure of potential weapons after crowds of vandals dressed in black known as the "Black Bloc" smashed up banks and other businesses with sticks, batons, and rocks, reports the Seattle Times. Niketown and American Apparel downtown were hit. A half dozen Starbucks closed early after stores reported broken windows. At least two were arrested during the vandalism spree. Police said the vandals dressed in black were hard to track because they discarded their clothing to blend in with onlookers. Tear gas was used to stop some of the vandals. The protesters also took out their anger at the U.S. Court of Appeals building, shooting paint balls at it, shattering glass doors, and attempting to ignite an incendiary device. Los Angeles Not officially part of Occupy, employees at Los Angeles International Airport joined May Day demonstrations to protest the hiring of non-union workers. Ten were arrested for blocking an intersection near LAX, reports CBS LA. In another gathering in downtown, a group of protesters appeared to surround LAPD officers, reports the L.A. Times. A female officer was struck in the head with a skateboard, denting her helmet. She was taken to the hospital, but the injury was not life-threatening. The incident marred a "festive" atmosphere during protests earlier in the day. San Francisco Bay Area In Oakland, police using tear gas confronted a protest of about 400 downtown. Nine were arrested and at least one demonstrator was reportedly tasered. Protesters blocked streets throughout the day and vandalized two banks in the area. A news van and police vehicle were also vandalized.... For pictures and source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/occupy-may-day-mostly-quiet-160849836.html Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted May 5, 2012 Moderators Posted May 5, 2012 May 1, 2012 The Occupy movement targeted May Day as the day "the people of the planet will take to the streets." Crowds formed in many major cities, joining protesters worldwide on International Workers Day to demand economic equality. But the day remained mostly peaceful. Promised stoppages of mass transportation and commerce by the Occupy movement largely fizzled across the country. Overall, there were a modest number of arrests and clashes in a handful of cities. Many of the demonstrators reported splinter groups dressed mostly in black who turned demonstrations violent.... ....For pictures and source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/occupy-may-day-mostly-quiet-160849836.html I believe the evidence shows clearly that it would definitely have been a mistake for the Seventh-day Adventist Church to become involved in-- or connected with-- the Occupy Movement. I can't imagine Jesus either joining it or suggesting that anyone else join it. I also don't see how being involved in the Occupy Movement would have been in harmony with the proclamation or practicing of the Three Angels' Messages. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
olger Posted May 5, 2012 Posted May 5, 2012 http://greenliving.about.com/od/greenprograms/a/Occupy-Wall-Street-Environmental-Protest.htm http://acgreens.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/green-sunday-the-occupy-movement-and-the-green-party/ http://grist.org/article/2011-10-29-occupy-wall-street-plans-green-sunday/ Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
doug yowell Posted May 5, 2012 Posted May 5, 2012 Would showing an interest include being interested in encouraging their demise? Quote
olger Posted May 5, 2012 Posted May 5, 2012 Start a movement, Doug !!! Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators lazarus Posted May 5, 2012 Moderators Posted May 5, 2012 I can't imagine Jesus either joining it or suggesting that anyone else join it. I also don't see how being involved in the Occupy Movement would have been in harmony with the proclamation or practicing of the Three Angels' Messages. Many Christians could not imagine Jesus supporting the civil rights movement. They thought it was the work of the devil. Like Solomon said, there is nothing new.... Their Jesus was the Jesus of the status quo. Adventists are not immune to that. When the Adventist Review was nixing the Civil Rights Movement, E. E. Cleveland was embracing it, and calling "passivity" an offense against God. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
olger Posted May 5, 2012 Posted May 5, 2012 Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators lazarus Posted May 5, 2012 Moderators Posted May 5, 2012 Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Oh, all this time I misunderstood you. I thought you supported the war in Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
doug yowell Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Many Christians could not imagine Jesus supporting the civil rights movement. They thought it was the work of the devil. Like Solomon said, there is nothing new.... Their Jesus was the Jesus of the status quo. Adventists are not immune to that. When the Adventist Review was nixing the Civil Rights Movement, E. E. Cleveland was embracing it, and calling "passivity" an offense against God. Equating the peaceful protests against the violation of basic human rights that were clearly enunciated in both the Holy Bible and the U.S. Constitution with the violent,anarchistic,rights violating actions of the Occupy movement is a little bit of a moral stretch,don't you think,laz? Would you have recommended that SDA's embrace the Operation Rescue movement of the 1980's,1990's? Quote
Overaged Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Overaged Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Dare I ask the question that just popped into my head the minute I read this? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
doug yowell Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Originally Posted By: olger Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Dare I ask the question that just popped into my head the minute I read this? Yes. Quote
Stan Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 The cause of OWS was just. The way they did it, INHO really LACKED, and worked backwards. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
olger Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Originally Posted By: olger Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Oh, all this time I misunderstood you. I thought you supported the war in Iraq, Afghanistan etc. I forgive you. Don't do it no more. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
olger Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 Originally Posted By: olger Good. Adventists (Christians) shouldn't go to war either. Dare I ask the question that just popped into my head the minute I read this? Yes 2.0 Yes² Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Stan Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 We should join the army of where we have our citizenship. A christian citizenship, the first one, should be in Heaven. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
olger Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 As Jack Sequeira told the egyptian boy Darwin, "Any egyptian should be willing to serve his country. But you are not an egyptian anymore. You are a citizen of a better country, and a servant of the Most High God." Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
doug yowell Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 We should join the army of where we have our citizenship. A christian citizenship, the first one, should be in Heaven. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I second that motion. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.