Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Gustave,

I believe the flesh is a source of pulls and Jesus took that flesh so that He could serve as an example of perfect holiness within the burden of sinful flesh.

Tony

You believe that Christ had "evil concupiscence"?

Col 3,5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry

Evil G2556

1) of a bad nature

a) not such as it ought to be

2) of a mode of thinking, feeling, acting

a) base, wrong, wicked

3) troublesome, injurious, pernicious, destructive, baneful

Concupiscence G1939

1) desire, craving, longing, desire for what is forbidden, lust

flesh IS "a" source of pulls certainly...

...And Christ absolutely felt the pull of our flesh OUTSIDE of sin.

...He NEVER and I repeat ever had "evil concupiscence".

...If He did He wouldn't have been God, period.

Only Arian theology would put Christ in this area o2bwise...

...Because Ellen White's handlers were Arian & Semi-Arian.

...Ellen shilled hard for casting Christ in that theology.

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gibs

    15

  • Gustave

    11

  • Ted Oplinger

    10

  • o2bwise

    10

Posted

Gustave,

I'll reply, time permitting, but a quickie...

Your posts of late FEEL like they are coming from the Iron Hand of the same folks who took a rather strong liking to burning infidels at stakes.

Iconoclasts Anonymous Self Help

Posted

Gustave,

I'll reply, time permitting, but a quickie...

Your posts of late FEEL like they are coming from the Iron Hand of the same folks who took a rather strong liking to burning infidels at stakes.

I'm not that kind of person - I wouldn't burn anyone at the stake....

...Not a chance.

Posted

Quote:
While i find this topic disgusting and being a topic which would

bring much shame to the pro-claimers of the three angels..

no one suggested the possibility that Paul was a practicing gay.

it brings to view the question, can anyone who is a sinner of many different kinds of sin, become cleansed and worthy through Christ to minister mightily through the Holy Spirit.

or would some sins just be to revolting and God could not use some kinds of sinners, even though they stand fully repentant and forgiven, and steadfast in Christ?

i know he sent demoniacs out as missionaries and it brought a great harvest of Souls. and yes they were forgiven and healed and powerful through the Holy Spirit, but after all they were self mutilators... sigh

God does not see as we see, he hates sin, all sin, your sin my sin, the sin of the conference president, but does he just hate some sin more? Is homosexuality worse then the spiritual pride that drove the Sanhedrin to thirst for the blood of Christ?

I'm in agreement with you, debbym. I just think scripture precludes the idea that God tempts anyone, with anything. Also, Ellen White equates some of her physical ailments with Paul's thorn in the flesh.

I just see too much scriptural and SOP evidence against the idea to give it credence. I'd be just as against the idea if it was said that the thorn God gave Paul was the desire kill, steal, lie, etc....

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville
Posted

Hi Gustave,

Oops! I apologized in the wrong topic! I am sure you'll see it, nevertheless.

Blessings,

Tony

Iconoclasts Anonymous Self Help

Posted

Hi Gustave,

Oops! I apologized in the wrong topic! I am sure you'll see it, nevertheless.

Blessings,

Tony

Being totally serious, it isn't at all a problem 02bwise...

...I'm thicker skinned than most out in cyber space.

...I've been doing this since like 1991 on a web t.v. lol

Posted

I'm sure all would do well to walk as straight and narrow as Paul walked as He was fully dedicated to please and do our LORDS will.

We all would do well, very well to follow Christ as well and even strive to do better if that is possible.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...