Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

What train are you & Tom talking about? I don't see no train stories in the Bible.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gerr

    41

  • Woody

    23

  • fccool

    20

  • John317

    14

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

You left this out in quoting me: Apostasy is fatal, but heresy may or may not be. It is not my business to judge whether someone is saved or not. However, how can you warn someone of danger if you don't know what is safe and what is dangerous?

So, are we talking "standards" again? What would be the standard for heresy? What is the standard for Apostasy?

I'll bet that no one thinks that a dropped relationship with Jesus would qualify as a standard for both, would they?

If we let Jesus do the relationship thingy with us, why would we be so concerned with others? Wouldn't there be more of a tolerance to personalities, an a softening influence upon the individual? Over time, that softening influence might just change a person's personality, and character....

...would that be termed as "heresy" or "Apostasy"?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Moderators
Posted

Apostasy = turning your back on Christ/God, a renouncing what you once believed.

Heresy = turning your back on a fundamental belief of the church you belong to.

One can have a "dropped relationship" and still believe ALL the fundamentals.

I think that's what they mean.

Posted

I still like Steps to Christ much better.

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...