Guest Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 That was great!!! It makes me ashamed of what I posted. I too would like to see more of these. Also I would like to see me do one of these. I have my work cut out. That little remote comes in handy huh? Quote
Guest Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 A beast rose from the sea it started to blaspheme You watch out, satan might get you He will never let you go Jesus can help, He has won He is the Messiah in Him you must believe Don't let satan treat you as a friend Satan comes to collect his souls Jesus saves you if you want to It's up to you to make the choice give your life to Jesus Christ Jesus is the one and only He was crucified for your life You got to have faith in the Lord He'll save you from eternal death give your life to Jesus Christ You've got a choice, that you must make It's up to you, to live or die What a talented singer. His mother must be so proud..... Quote
Woody Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 Here's a book about rockers: http://cgi.ebay.com/Inside-Rock-Music-Va...=item256260c004 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 That was great!!! It makes me ashamed of what I posted. I too would like to see more of these. Also I would like to see me do one of these. I have my work cut out. That little remote comes in handy huh? The remote does come in very hand. Well Richard, if you don't feel good about what you've posted, there's good that came from it. It got me to start recording and recording makes see where I need to tighten up and be more precise. I've been wanting to record for a long time but just never did it because I wanted to practice more so it would sound good. Problem is, I never had the time to practice, therefore no video uploads. So now I just thought, "just post something already" lol The neat thing about today as opposed to when I used to play in rock bands is that I can record something and send it to you via Internet and you can add to it and then we can post it online. Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Moderators Bravus Posted April 4, 2011 Moderators Posted April 4, 2011 We need to remember that we are commissioned to impart the good news of salvation and the concomitant warning of impending judgment, and whatever vehicles best carry those messages to the hearers are the ones we should use. Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook You are right karl, that's what we should be focusing on, spreading the gospel....... So I post a link to a song that is a very clear, up-front and concise expression of the 'good news of salvation and the concomitant warning of impending judgement', and is an example of a vehicle that best carries those messages to some particular hearers, and the response is: Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook What a talented singer. His mother must be so proud..... ...a sarcastic putdown. Did you mean it or not? Did you mean 'we should be focusing on spreading the gospel', or 'we should be focusing on spreading the gospel but only in forms I personally like'? Which would involve the recognition that that would exclude some people from hearing the gospel... I'm not here to change your tastes - enjoy what you enjoy. But if we're serious about spreading the gospel, we have to stop thinking that our tastes are God's tastes. Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 Quote: But if we're serious about spreading the gospel, we have to stop thinking that our tastes are God's tastes. Profound Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Guest Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 I'm sorry, I just can't imagine very many people "coming to Jesus" because of this song. In fact, if you hadn't written the words out I would have had no idea what he was saying. Maybe if he sounded like something "other" than the spawn of satan...... Just sayin... Quote
CoAspen Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 There were times, and still in some places, when gospel music was misunderstood and disliked....because of a lack of cultural understanding. Quote
CoAspen Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 I'm sorry, I just can't imagine any of us having a clue as to how God reaches people...since we don't really understand God. Quote
Woody Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 I'm sorry, I just can't imagine any of us having a clue as to how God reaches people...since we don't really understand God. You could be right. Edit: You ARE right Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted April 4, 2011 Moderators Posted April 4, 2011 The people who habitually listen to that style of music - who need the gospel as much if not more than other people - would hear those lyrics perfectly clearly. Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 The people who habitually listen to that style of music - who need the gospel as much if not more than other people - would hear those lyrics perfectly clearly. I guess if you don't hear it or don't like it ... don't listen? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
LifeHiscost Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 Originally Posted By: CoAspen I'm sorry, I just can't imagine any of us having a clue as to how God reaches people...since we don't really understand God. You could be right. Edit: You ARE right And that is one of the saddest commentaries of a Father and His children that anyone could ever conclude. "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."1 John 4:8 NASB " Love (God)is patient and kind. Love(God) is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It(God) does not demand its(His) own way. It(He) is not irritable, and it(He) keeps no record of being wronged. It(He) does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth(He) wins out. Love(God) never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."1 Cor 13:4-7 NLT Parenthesis mine LHC God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 The people who habitually listen to that style of music - who need the gospel as much if not more than other people - would hear those lyrics perfectly clearly. It was 1981 when I heard the Gospel and something amazing happened to me. The Van Halen, Ozzy, AC/DC etc... music I used to listen to appeared in it's real light. It was like a light switch was turned on in my head and I saw the selfishness and rebelliousness in the music. The words I knew were not godly but the music also appeared the same; ungodly, selfish and rebellious. Music is the language of the soul it speaks of what is within and spiritual things are spiritually discerned. At that time, I was searching and learned some things about God in the occult books that I was reading. God can use anything to reach people, after all Balaam's donkey was used by God to try to reach the man. The music that you posted I personally would never listen to because it is rebellious, selfish and ungodly. However God can use it to reach people and once they find Him they'll grow and leave that music behind just as I left the occult books behind. Here are the reasons I label that music as I did. James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. I would say that the music you have posted does not fit in this description. There is common music and there's holy music and just as God's children understand His words when truth is spoken so they will hear His sound in godly music. NOrman Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
CoAspen Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 So...you know the mind of God? I know God wants to save all mankind and sent His Son to accomplish that but humans are still debating just exactly what that all means...on this forum, week in and week out, month in and month out, year in and year out!! Do you speak for God? We have some folks that claim to speak for God but it doesn't go along with my Bible. Down through the ages humans have attempted to do this. Too many people think they know God. What is the role of the Holy Spirit? Guidance! For help in making personal decisions. God created a mind within us to use. Along with personal study and using the "HS" I learn what God wants for me at that moment. To know the mind of God means I am as a God. I don't believe that!! We shouldn't equate attributes of God to knowing His mind. Quote
Woody Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 So...you know the mind of God? I know God wants to save all mankind and sent His Son to accomplish that but humans are still debating just exactly what that all means...on this forum, week in and week out, month in and month out, year in and year out!! Do you speak for God? We have some folks that claim to speak for God but it doesn't go along with my Bible. Down through the ages humans have attempted to do this. Too many people think they know God. What is the role of the Holy Spirit? Guidance! For help in making personal decisions. God created a mind within us to use. Along with personal study and using the "HS" I learn what God wants for me at that moment. To know the mind of God means I am as a God. I don't believe that!! We shouldn't equate attributes of God to knowing His mind. Excellent CoA. You have outdone yourself once again. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted April 5, 2011 Administrators Posted April 5, 2011 Whoa! Before heading off the deep end... In fairness to Norman, I am going to propose that he may mean "the mind of Christ" which the Bible says that believers have: Quote: 1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. and in Philippians 2:5 we are exhorted to have it: Quote: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus Something happens when a person is converted. They are a new creature, with a totally different mindset. That is what converted means! Is there room for a benefit of the doubt here, thinking the best not the worst of poor Norman (who I'm hoping will clarify!!) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted April 5, 2011 Administrators Posted April 5, 2011 Originally Posted By: Bravus The people who habitually listen to that style of music - who need the gospel as much if not more than other people - would hear those lyrics perfectly clearly. It was 1981 when I heard the Gospel and something amazing happened to me. The Van Halen, Ozzy, AC/DC etc... music I used to listen to appeared in it's real light. It was like a light switch was turned on in my head and I saw the selfishness and rebelliousness in the music. The words I knew were not godly but the music also appeared the same; ungodly, selfish and rebellious. Music is the language of the soul it speaks of what is within and spiritual things are spiritually discerned. At that time, I was searching and learned some things about God in the occult books that I was reading. God can use anything to reach people, after all Balaam's donkey was used by God to try to reach the man. The music that you posted I personally would never listen to because it is rebellious, selfish and ungodly. However God can use it to reach people and once they find Him they'll grow and leave that music behind just as I left the occult books behind. It is amazing how God can reach a soul! And it is equally amazing where God can lead one! He has as many ideas as there are people. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
SivartM Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 It's sort of interesting that most people who converted from "rock music" seem to have done it 30 years ago when rock was actually still subversive. People like me who grew up on CCM don't really get it. I could care less about 70's rock (or 80's... or most 90's...), so am I safe? Is it only rock that is bad? Are there any subgenres that are okay? Is punk still too subversive? Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Woody Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 It's sort of interesting that most people who converted from "rock music" seem to have done it 30 years ago when rock was actually still subversive. People like me who grew up on CCM don't really get it. I could care less about 70's rock (or 80's... or most 90's...), so am I safe? Is it only rock that is bad? Are there any subgenres that are okay? Is punk still too subversive? let me see? Do you want to know MY mind of Christ? Or someone elses'? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Whoa! Before heading off the deep end... In fairness to Norman, I am going to propose that he may mean "the mind of Christ" which the Bible says that believers have: Quote: 1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. and in Philippians 2:5 we are exhorted to have it: Quote: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus Something happens when a person is converted. They are a new creature, with a totally different mindset. That is what converted means! Is there room for a benefit of the doubt here, thinking the best not the worst of poor Norman (who I'm hoping will clarify!!) Hi Gail, you answered the way I would have answered, but I think CoAspen was replying to Life His Cost. Norman Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Norman Byers, N.D. Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Quote The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522
Administrators Gail Posted April 6, 2011 Administrators Posted April 6, 2011 I like it! All my husband plays is country and western on the radio... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.