Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Someone here was claiming that the end of the world, or some other major event, would happen in April. Haven't heard much from them since then...

There are quite a lot of people claiming that the Rapture will be on May 21, which is a bit over a week away.

May 21, 2011 - Harold Camping day did not really turn out to be Judgment Day.

So we expect some atheist/agnostic partying celebrating that fact as was reported for Raleigh NC for today and tomorrow.

In Noah's day they partied for 7 days when it looked like Noah was wrong.

I suppose Satan could come up with some "event" on Friday or Saturday (May 27, 28) to try and mimmick the Genesis 7 scenario where some disaster follows after seven days of an apparently failed prediction.

But in Noah's day that event was the destruction of the entire earth by a flood as Peter also confirms in 2Peter 3. God will not let Satan come up with much by comparison.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dr. Rich

    20

  • ClubV12

    20

  • Bravus

    19

  • phkrause

    14

  • Administrators
Posted

I suspect that we are going to see many "different" things happening before Jesus comes.

Someone at work asked me if I thought this might be an opening for Satan to impersonate Christ, as is spoken of in the Great Controversy.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

BobR, where do you keep coming up with these things about Noah? Where do you find that anyone had a party after Noah entered into the ark? Where do you find that Noah even told them anything about what was going to happen?

Posted

Dr. Rich, where do we come up with that? Ellen White. Of course if you reject that source, your call, then you, like most other folks, are left to beat upon the rocks of confusion and bewilderment. Me? I'm a happy camper, I have an "inside track" on what really happened. :)

Posted

He who believes in a lie will not be laughing when the time comes to settle the score. (Rev. 2:18-26)

Posted

I don't think he lies to deceive on purpose. The man is misguided.

He now comes out and says that Christ came and ushered judgment spiritually, and that the world will end in October. He has not really learned anything from experience, I guess.

  • Administrators
Posted

I read that some of the followers are putting a positive spin on the end not coming, that it was an answer to their prayer for God to delay the end so that more might be saved.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

Thanks Fccool, I sure would like to see what words of Jesus Harold is using to establish his belief. I did see the math he provided, but this does not agree with the template in Revelation.

Posted

BobR, where do you keep coming up with these things about Noah? Where do you find that anyone had a party after Noah entered into the ark? Where do you find that Noah even told them anything about what was going to happen?

Secret knowledge Rich - only SDAs have access to that information. Since this is an SDA board I have no doubt that there are readers here who know about the book I am referencing when I talk about events in the life of Noah.

bwink

In your case I would suggest starting with the challenge to accept the NT as the Word of God and go from there.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...