Sammy Lee Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 This morning I met Soo at the Cabramatta Adventist Church in Sydney. After the service, the speaker, Pastor Calvyn Townend, from the Adventist Media Centre, and one of the church elders and I talked with her for about half an hour. Pastor Townend asked her about the books that she has translated so far, and then asked her what her plans are. Soo replied that she is planning to return to Laos to continue her work amongst her people there. She said that most of her people haven't heard about the wonderful news of salvation by Jesus, and she must do all she can. Pastor Townend asked if it is not dangerous for her to go and work there, to which she replied in tears: "I know. But my Father (pointing her finger to heaven) will take care of me. If I have to die, I am ready. I was almost dead before anyway." Then she asked that we pray for her, which we did. There are some people, including myself in the beginning, who questioned the sincerity of Soo's soul. But after this encounter I can tell you that I am more convinced than before that she is genuine. We have made an appointment to meet again when I am going to give some Bible studies in the presence of her parents and sister this coming Monday afternoon. Please pray for us. In the course of the conversation I pointed out to them that the Pali script is one of two ancient scripts into which the original Buddhist holy books were translated as the religion was brought into the Far East from India, the other script being Sanskrit. I was really touched and felt a bit guilty for not doing enough for my own people. Brother Daniel Winters has asked me to translate one of the SOP books into Indonesian language, and I have decided to give a more serious thought about that. God bless you all. Quote Sammy Lee
Sammy Lee Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 Thanks for your prayers. I was with Soo for 2 hours from 3:00 to 5:00 pm this afternoon. I really felt the Holy Spirit's presence and the angels around us as we study God's word. I have most of our conversation recorded. We started by singing Soo's favourite songs: Love lifted me, and then I taught her a new song (it's new for her, that is) "God Will Take Care of You". She asked me to put the music into a cassette so that she can sing it next time she is asked by her people to sing in the Laotian language. She seems very enthusiastic, grateful and thirsty to learn the truth. She repeatedly exclaimed "Praise the Lord!", and "Amen", and "Oh, now I understand!" She said that she had read the Bible once through and she is doing it the second time now up to the book of Exodus. She has also been approached by the Jehovah Witnesses and Bahais so I was able to give her some explanations about the beliefs of those two cults. She asked me if I can come everyday, but I told her that I can only come once a week on Monday afternoon, and perhaps once in a while, if I don't have to preach in another church, on Sabbath afternoon, for the present. But I promised her that I am going to send her Bible studies in simplified English, and hopefully later I will be able to insert some annotations in Laotian for some difficult English words after I can get hold of an English Laotian dictionary. I taught her about how the truth is also traceable in the Chinese characters, and she drank that thirstily, too. For those of you who are worried if we have another prophet among SDA's, or second to EGWhite, I can assure you that Soo is nothing of that sort. She is just a hungry and thirsty soul(perhaps ignorant, too) who fell in love with Jesus and His Word. She doesn't claim to have special revelations from God, but she feels that she is just a nobody, who is very lucky to be able to learn about this wonderful truth. Please continue to pray for her so that she remain humble and willing to learn all that God wants her to know to be shared with her people. God bless you all. Quote Sammy Lee
Daryl Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 But wasn't Soo instructed by an angel of God? Quote In His Love, Mercy & Grace Daryl http://www.maritime-sda-online.com https://www.pugwashsdachurch.org/media?page=1&sort_by=Date&is_ascending=0&search=&tags=&presenter=
Stan Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Sammy Thanks for keeping us posted on this. We really appreciate that. Stan PW wonder if she could be interviewed on C/A either by your self or ..... ? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Sammy Lee Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Yes, she was. But that doesn't mean that the angel of God can force something into her mind until she is ready for it. Angels instructed Lot and and his wife, but they were not filled with knowledge to the overflow. Most of the time God let the persons He used to develop or learn in the natural way. For examples, Mary the mother of Jesus, Zachariah, the Magies and many other who have been instructed by angels, did not suddenly become geniuses or miraculously full of Bible knowledge. Just because an angel came to her, do you expect her to be filled with all the informations about Seventh-day Adventism, Bahaiism, Watchtowerism, etc., In His service. Quote Sammy Lee
Stan Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Sammy if you could arrange to ask her a dozen or so questions on here I would really appreciate that. SO many want to know more about her, Nothing to interrogate her, just her plans and passion for the future, and what ever other details she feels comfortable talking about.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Sammy Lee Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 OK , Stan, I have just finished talking with her on the phone for the last half hour or so. You can ask her any question you like and I will convey it to her. I will be seeing her again tomorrow, Friday afternoon, and on Sabbath the whole morning and afternoon. Quote Sammy Lee
Rosie Posted March 17, 2005 Author Posted March 17, 2005 Quote: For those of you who are worried if we have another prophet among SDA's, or second to EGWhite, I can assure you that Soo is nothing of that sort. She is just a hungry and thirsty soul(perhaps ignorant, too) who fell in love with Jesus and His Word. She doesn't claim to have special revelations from God, but she feels that she is just a nobody, who is very lucky to be able to learn about this wonderful truth. Thank you for updating us, Sammy. A hungry and thirsty soul is just the tool God can use in this old world. We all have a job to do, amen? Soo is doing hers, and I appreciate her example. Quote
Sammy Lee Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Even Jesus studied the Scriptures from Mary the natural way any other child does. Why should it be strange that Soo must learn the truth from another human being who has been studying the Bible longer than herself, although that person has never seen an angel face to face? Quote Sammy Lee
Stan Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr /> OK , Stan, I have just finished talking with her on the phone for the last half hour or so. You can ask her any question you like and I will convey it to her. I will be seeing her again tomorrow, Friday afternoon, and on Sabbath the whole morning and afternoon. <hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> IF we ask questions can they be post here similar to the others ones? Could we use the questions you asked her? Would she mind? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Sammy Lee Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 Yes, Stan You can ask her any questions. No she doesn't mind you posting her answers to any of my questions or the ones that anyone else will ask. But don't expect her to be able to answer all questions. You must bear in mind that she is just an infant in faith, regardless of the fact she has had an encounter with an angel. After studying Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 with her, she said "Oh, Pastor Lee, when I read the book of Revelation last time, I could not understand the meaning of those animals. Now, I can understand it better." She is just an ordinary, Laotian young woman whose mind is ready to be impressed and whose soul is hungry and thirsty of the real truth. She is very eager to print and distribute the three books she was instructed to translate into her language, and to establish an orphanage and medical missionary institute in her country. Quote Sammy Lee
Sammy Lee Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 "Well GAWRSH, when I first joined the SDA church I had been given a complete "download" of the entire Great Controversy theme in vision which, at the time, prior to encountering the SDA church, I thought I and the 3 others with me at that event were the only ones on earth who knew The Truth about Everything!!! But nobody ever proclaimed ME the next prophet of the SDA church. Wah, I'm crushed." [:"blue"] [/] Hi Nicodema! You are very lucky indeed. You don't need an angel to show you the truth. You know what would have happened if the angel did not meet Soo that morning of 10 October 2000? I imagine she would have visited her Buddhist monk uncle in USA, returned to Australia a couple of months later and would have been dead by now. But God in His mercy sent an angel to meet her, because nobody else had done the job of warning this poor dying soul who was actually hungry and thirsty for the truth! So, instead of being crushed, we should be moved to do more in reaching other Brother and Sister "Soo" or "So and So". God bless you all! Quote Sammy Lee
Dr. Shane Posted April 3, 2005 Posted April 3, 2005 </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr /> She said in 2005 something bad would happen. <hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> The pope just died. That's big. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
wicklunds Posted April 3, 2005 Posted April 3, 2005 Tha bad part I believe will rise out of the Catholic Church in the US and over its division on whether the papacy should have autonomy over the faith. Quote It is a backsliding church that lessens the distance between itself and the Papacy. {ST, February 19, 1894 par. 4}
Moderators John317 Posted December 7, 2005 Moderators Posted December 7, 2005 I think we ought to take a-wait-and-see approach to this "new prophet" and not be too quick in our judgment of her either way. In the meantime we should make sure we are always individually in right relationship with God and Christ. If she is a true prophet, we know that she will agree with everything God has revealed up to now through the Bible and the writings of Ellen White. At this time I can't see why God would give us another prophet, but I am holding my decision about it until I know more about her. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators Nan Posted December 7, 2005 Moderators Posted December 7, 2005 An update on Soo - Soo is currently living in an outer SW suburb of Sydney, she attends church in the same suburb. She lives with her Buddhist (adoptive) parents and some of the time cares for the children of her sister. Some months ago the Greater Sydney Conference appointed a minister - my husband's son - to study with Soo. Victor goes to these studies with his father, Sammy Lee, who is an ordained SDA minister. Sammy has some earlier posts about Soo, above. Soo is a very earnest seeker of truth and intersperses the comversation with "praise the Lord" when she is moved by the point presented. She is also a sharer of truth, there are several other nonAdventists attending these studies. It seems to represent her as a prophet is wrong, she reported an experience she had had. Others took this as a prophetic warning - which I am willing to believe is true, but it does not make Soo an ongoing source or recipient of prophetic messages. During the time she was in the US, she learnt about health care remedies and she has used these to the benefit of others near where she lives. Quote
Daryl Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 I noticed there never was any reply to this post, however, we had actually discussed this in great detail over at Maritime SDA OnLine, but that was also quite some time ago now. Quote In His Love, Mercy & Grace Daryl http://www.maritime-sda-online.com https://www.pugwashsdachurch.org/media?page=1&sort_by=Date&is_ascending=0&search=&tags=&presenter=
Daryl Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 Oops!!! It seems this was also well discussed here, however, for some strange reason I didn't notice any other posts until now. Quote In His Love, Mercy & Grace Daryl http://www.maritime-sda-online.com https://www.pugwashsdachurch.org/media?page=1&sort_by=Date&is_ascending=0&search=&tags=&presenter=
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.