Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Dealing with those who have not experienced God


Recommended Posts

Posted

Originally Posted By: cardw
I don't have to bash Christianity. It bashes itself. This is your religion. You should be ashamed to associate with it.

No you got that backwards, they should be ashamed to even call themselves Christians.

How can you determine they are not Christians since they are doing what it says in the Bible?

You stated that you don't know why God ordered all those extremely violent actions in the Bible and you will wait to hear the explanation in heaven, but you're sure these violent people , who are following the Bible, are not Christians.

You have not basis for your belief. You are just picking those beliefs that fit the culture you were brought up in and our culture, through founding fathers such as Jefferson, fought to keep religion out of government for just this reason.

And even in Club Adventist I read in the shout box that because I'm expressing ideas that are not in agreement with the whole, that I should be banned from Club Adventist. That may happen and it's certainly in the right of the group, but it won't be because I express things without evidence.

This is what Christianity does. When it can't win the battle of ideas, it resorts to force and violence.

  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • cardw

    55

  • LifeHiscost

    42

  • Bravus

    29

  • Igakusei

    25

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I think I was the only one asking about banning in the shout box, and it wasn't about you, just FYI.

  • Administrators
Posted

How do you account for the fact that not all Christians are violent and forceful (many are pacifists, even) when they all refer to the same Bible?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Easy:

I believe in life before death

  • Administrators
Posted

Well, I didn't watch the video.

I am getting the feeling that this discussion is going nowhere. It started out as a "how to deal with people" topic which has denigrated into a battle to whether faith is real or not.

To the relief of many, I will close this, because no one on either side is being converted and it is one of those topics that will never resolve itself. And it has diverted from the topic title so far as to not be recoverable. It has dissolved into that futility that we have seen so many times before. That besides the personal takes.

To those who come to Clubadventist who are not SDA, who have a burden to make other people change, it's not happening. This is perhaps not a good place for you with the ideas you have.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...