cardw Posted October 31, 2011 Posted October 31, 2011 Second you accuse me of name calling and then you go on to call me a fascist. That is cogent. I did not call you a fascist. I defined it as something the government is doing by allowing business, not people, run the country. Evidently you can't tell the difference between yourself and the government. It is you that has the comprehension problem which really makes communication impossible. Quote Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
miz3 Posted October 31, 2011 Posted October 31, 2011 No dissonance. One is submitting to human totalitarianism and the Bible on the other hand is submitting to God/Creator of All. There is an infinite difference between the two concepts. Quote
miz3 Posted October 31, 2011 Posted October 31, 2011 Thus, it is UNREASONABLE and hypocritical to quote to me one thing as if I should submit to that Authority when he (cardw) himself will not submit to it. In addition cardw got the meaning of that passage wrong. On both counts he is wrong. Quote
miz3 Posted October 31, 2011 Posted October 31, 2011 Originally Posted By: miz3 Second you accuse me of name calling and then you go on to call me a fascist. That is cogent. I did not call you a fascist. I defined it as something the government is doing by allowing business, not people, run the country. Evidently you can't tell the difference between yourself and the government. It is you that has the comprehension problem which really makes communication impossible. Quote
cardw Posted October 31, 2011 Posted October 31, 2011 Originally Posted By: miz3 Second you accuse me of name calling and then you go on to call me a fascist. That is cogent. Originally Posted By: cardw I did not call you a fascist. I defined it as something the government is doing by allowing business, not people, run the country. Evidently you can't tell the difference between yourself and the government. It is you that has the comprehension problem which really makes communication impossible. Here is what you said directly to me: Originally Posted By: cardw This is called fascism and you are supporting it. Saying I support fascism is the same as calling me a fascist. Thus, your assertion that you did not call me names is dead wrong. One may inadvertently support fascism without being a fascist. I find no evidence that you are a fascist and that is why I didn't call you a fascist. When you turn a blind eye toward what the wealthiest are doing in this country you are supporting fascism even though you aren't a fascist. I did call you ignorant and you continue to demonstrate that. Quote Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
miz3 Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Originally Posted By: miz3 Second you accuse me of name calling and then you go on to call me a fascist. That is cogent. Originally Posted By: cardw I did not call you a fascist. I defined it as something the government is doing by allowing business, not people, run the country. Evidently you can't tell the difference between yourself and the government. It is you that has the comprehension problem which really makes communication impossible. Here is what you said directly to me: Originally Posted By: cardw This is called fascism and you are supporting it. Saying I support fascism is the same as calling me a fascist. Thus, your assertion that you did not call me names is dead wrong. Quote
CoAspen Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Got to love the name calling! Last resort! I'm talking about Christ and you are talking about politics! You might want to get on the same page. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 ... Did he withhold healing from those lepers for being unthankful? No, He didn't. However, He couldn't do miracles if people lacked faith/trust. Christ's agape/love is freely given to all, but salvation is by God's grace through faith. Without faith, it is utterly impossible to please Him. So, while God loves all the people on Wall Street, whether they're "occupying" or working there, He can't give them what they REALLY need-- salvation-- without their putting their entire reliance upon Him. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
miz3 Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Got to love the name calling! Last resort! I'm talking about Christ and you are talking about politics! You might want to get on the same page. Quote
Overaged Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 I did call you ignorant and you continue to demonstrate that. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Moderators Bravus Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 What did Jesus own? Quote Truth is important
miz3 Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Originally Posted By: cardw I did call you ignorant and you continue to demonstrate that. Once again you are hilarious. I am still chuckling. However, lets get one thing straight no matter what anyone says I am the Cat. Quote
cardw Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 I find it interesting that you believe I am ignorant. It's not a belief on my part. Quote Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
Moderators John317 Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 What did Jesus own? He owns you. You are his property. So is every other human who's ever lived. When on earth, He made things in either wood or brick and sold them. That's how he made his living until he was about 30. So he must have owned tools and a house. He was no doubt very successful in his business. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators Bravus Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 Matthew 8:20 "Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." Quote Truth is important
Moderators John317 Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 Soon after Jesus said those words, He said, "Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead." This is what He would doubtless tell the people occupying Wall Street if He were walking through there today. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 What did Jesus own? Phil. 2 says that before He was born as a human being, He owned the entire universe. He still owns the entire universe and he owned it during His time on earth. The only difference is that during his public ministry, He gave humans the amazing privilege of supporting God in human flesh. He became poor for our sakes, that we might become rich. There's no merit in our being poor as far as this world's goods are concerned. The poor are no better than the wealthy and the wealthy are no worse than the poor. All are equally lost without an abiding, trusting relationship with Christ. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Overaged Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Matthew 8:20 "Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." You are on to something here Bravus. Jesus seemed to live by means of which many of us are not familiar. Hey; wouldn't it be interesting to see Him on Wall Street? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Moderators Gerr Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 Hey; wouldn't it be interesting to see Him on Wall Street? Would He have said this in Wall St.? 5:1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. 2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. 4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. 5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. The Holy Bible: English standard version. 2001 (Jas 5:1–5). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society. Quote
Overaged Posted November 1, 2011 Posted November 1, 2011 Gerry: while it is possible Jesus might use such words to rich church people. he is in the active business of saving souls. On wall street Jesus would be more likely to use other words to better meet the people at the point of need. Atleast this is how I envision it Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Members phkrause Posted November 1, 2011 Members Posted November 1, 2011 Soon after Jesus said those words, He said, "Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead." This is what He would doubtless tell the people occupying Wall Street if He were walking through there today. I agree John, but I think he'd ask those in the buildings the same thing he asked the rich young man that came to see him. But than again we really don't know. I'd say that he probably wouldn't even have gone there to see what's going on. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gerr Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 Gerry: while it is possible Jesus might use such words to rich church people. he is in the active business of saving souls. On wall street Jesus would be more likely to use other words to better meet the people at the point of need. Atleast this is how I envision it Uh, wasn't the Apostle James in the business of saving souls also? And was Jesus in the business of saving sould when He said: ESV | ‎Mt 23:13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted November 1, 2011 Moderators Posted November 1, 2011 I agree, but we can't know what he would have told the rich people on Wall Street, since he didn't say the same thing to every rich person. We do know, though, that he wouldn't have talked about political issues but of what to do with Christ. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
miz3 Posted November 2, 2011 Posted November 2, 2011 Originally Posted By: John317 Soon after Jesus said those words, He said, "Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead." This is what He would doubtless tell the people occupying Wall Street if He were walking through there today. I agree John, but I think he'd ask those in the buildings the same thing he asked the rich young man that came to see him. But than again we really don't know. I'd say that he probably wouldn't even have gone there to see what's going on. Jesus had contact with other rich people than the "rich young ruler" and Jesus never challenged them like the "rich young ruler". You cannot use this as blanket all encompassing principle to all rich people. So I doubt Jesus would be saying anything like the "rich young ruler" to other rich people. He never said anything like this to Zacchaeus. Zacchaeus was NOT required as the "rich young ruler" to give up all he had. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.